Slideshow -> Pictureshow

Post by dd » Wed, 14 Aug 2002 20:32:01

Hello

I made a slideshow with Ulead dvd pictureshow (VCD 2.0).
Ik burned it on a CDR.  Everything goes fine.

When i want to play this vcd in my dvd player (JVC JVC HR-XV1EU),
i only hear the music, and i think the menu also works, but
i only get noise on my television screen.

Anyone advice ?

Thx
ddv

Slideshow -> Pictureshow

Post by Jason Dun » Thu, 15 Aug 2002 02:30:33

Unfortunately it means that your DVD player isn't full VCD compatible -
check the compatibility lists at www.vcdhelp.com. There's no solution other
than to buy a new DVD player and check compatibility with VCD/SVCD before
you purchase it. Sorry - wish I had better news!

Quote:> Hello

> I made a slideshow with Ulead dvd pictureshow (VCD 2.0).
> Ik burned it on a CDR.  Everything goes fine.

> When i want to play this vcd in my dvd player (JVC JVC HR-XV1EU),
> i only hear the music, and i think the menu also works, but
> i only get noise on my television screen.

> Anyone advice ?

> Thx
> ddv

Slideshow -> Pictureshow

Post by Jos » Thu, 15 Aug 2002 03:06:31

Thx for the information Jason.

But because Ulead Pictureshow didn't work I tried  PictureToTV.com, and now
everything is fine, you have also more possibilities in PictureToTv...

So i don't think my DVD player isn't VCD compatible, but i still want to
know
why CDR made by Ulead Pictureshow won't play...

Greetings
ddv

> Unfortunately it means that your DVD player isn't full VCD compatible -
> check the compatibility lists at www.vcdhelp.com. There's no solution
other
> than to buy a new DVD player and check compatibility with VCD/SVCD before
> you purchase it. Sorry - wish I had better news!

> > Hello

> > I made a slideshow with Ulead dvd pictureshow (VCD 2.0).
> > Ik burned it on a CDR.  Everything goes fine.

> > When i want to play this vcd in my dvd player (JVC JVC HR-XV1EU),
> > i only hear the music, and i think the menu also works, but
> > i only get noise on my television screen.

> > Anyone advice ?

> > Thx
> > ddv

Slideshow -> Pictureshow

Post by Jason Dun » Thu, 15 Aug 2002 05:04:09

Quote:> So i don't think my DVD player isn't VCD compatible, but i still want to
> know why CDR made by Ulead Pictureshow won't play...

Hmm - interesting. There are a few minor "standards" for VCD - must just be
the method that Ulead used. Was there any choice in the VCD? I know for SVCD
there are three different modes...

Slideshow -> Pictureshow

Post by Mike Field » Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:28:10

Just as a hunch -- were the two CD-R blanks the same
brand and type ??  Some brands work better (or worse)
than others in various machines.

mikey

Quote:> > So i don't think my DVD player isn't VCD compatible, but i still want to
> > know why CDR made by Ulead Pictureshow won't play...

> Hmm - interesting. There are a few minor "standards" for VCD - must just
be
> the method that Ulead used. Was there any choice in the VCD? I know for
SVCD
> there are three different modes...

Slideshow -> Pictureshow

Post by Jos » Fri, 16 Aug 2002 21:24:02

Mikey,

Indeed, i tried two different brands (types)...

Dieter.