upgrade 4.2 messes up PI Explorer?

Post by drud.. » Tue, 03 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I left a message higher on the newsgroup - about my problems with
PhotoImpact Explorer breaking down on me.

I just re-installed PI 4.0 from my original CD and all aspects of the
program, including PIExplorer worked fine.

I then downloaded (for 45 min.) another copy of upgrade 4.2 and
installed it and - yep! My PhotoImpact Explorer has now quit
functioning again!

Has anyone else seen this bug.

I really want the upgrade (especially the color change brush) but I
use the PI Explorer constantly along with PI and can't give it up!

Susan

Susan Druding
Quilting Guide at the Mining Co.
http://quilting.miningco.com

upgrade 4.2 messes up PI Explorer?

Post by McWebbe » Tue, 03 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I run the Explorer from another drive and it works fine with the upgrade. I
think I even have PI 3 still on that drive. ;-)

--
McWebber
Reserve Your Domain Name | http://mcwebber.com/

Quote:

>I left a message higher on the newsgroup - about my problems with
>PhotoImpact Explorer breaking down on me.

>I just re-installed PI 4.0 from my original CD and all aspects of the
>program, including PIExplorer worked fine.

>I then downloaded (for 45 min.) another copy of upgrade 4.2 and
>installed it and - yep! My PhotoImpact Explorer has now quit
>functioning again!

>Has anyone else seen this bug.

upgrade 4.2 messes up PI Explorer?

Post by PhotoDu » Tue, 03 Nov 1998 04:00:00

decoding said:

Quote:>I run the Explorer from another drive and it works fine with the upgrade.

I run it off the same drive, and haven't encountered any trouble.

--

| A Photo Gallery with an Attitude > http://www.photodude.com/
| PhotoDude Web Design > http://www.photodude.com/web/

upgrade 4.2 messes up PI Explorer?

Post by drud.. » Tue, 03 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Well, after DE-installing everything and RE-installing it - same thing
happened.

So I did it one more time - but this time I made a new subdirectory
for PI 4.0 (and upgraded 4.2 into that new subdirectory) and this time
it worked!

Plus I said NO to the "do you want to build 4.0 upgrade on your old
3.0 version) - there was obviously some old lingering problem I
couldn't see to get rid of.

Finally, I have 4.2 AND PI-Explorer working again. Much relief!

Susan

Susan Druding
Quilting Guide at the Mining Co.
http://quilting.miningco.com

On Mon, 02 Nov 1998 04:21:26 GMT, "McWebber"