PI 5 loses files or saves to temp internet folder

PI 5 loses files or saves to temp internet folder

Post by wolfbane5.. » Mon, 08 Jan 2001 05:23:46

Hi all,

Back in November the following issue was posted here.  I was curious if
anyone ever came up with a solution to the problem.  I, too, am
experiencing basically the same thing.  I use PI 5.0 with Win ME.  The
problem wasnt present with Win 95.

This is what happens in my case: I save a tif file to a particular
folder.  The save as pop up sometimes defaults to the correct folder,
and sometimes defaults to the temporary internet folder.  Sometimes
it will save the file to the correct folder and sometimes it will say
that its saving it to the correct folder, but it actually ends up in
the temporary internet folder.

Heres a weird twist.  If I go to the temporary internet folder, the
file is nowhere to be found, only temporary internet files.  If I go to
the recent folder under Windows and find that particular file, it
points me to the temporary internet folder.  Theres a provision in
this window that will take me to the file in the temporary internet
folder.  When I go there, my lost file is there, but no temporary
internet files!  Strange, huh!

Ive contacted Ulead several times.  They tell me they have never heard
of the problem and that their programmers in Japan cant duplicate it.
In addition, one of the technicians on the phone told me that it
sounded like a Microsoft issue.  I dont want to switch to another
program if I can help it.  If anyone has any insight as to what the
remedy is, please post it here.  It will be greatly appreciated.  Thank
you.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

PI 5 loses files or saves to temp internet folder

Post by wkj » Mon, 08 Jan 2001 12:37:26

I was the one that started the earlier thread. My problem was with PI 6, so
I think it is a Microsoft ME issue. I can't remember what it was I did to
fix it.

If I remeber correctly, empty your "temporoary internet files folder". Then
run a defrag on all your drives. I think that was what solved the problem
for me. Hope that helps.

--
wkj
Founding Editor-PhotoImpact Online

Quote:> Hi all,

> Back in November the following issue was posted here.  I was curious if
> anyone ever came up with a solution to the problem.  I, too, am
> experiencing basically the same thing.  I use PI 5.0 with Win ME.  The
> problem wasn't present with Win 95.

> This is what happens in my case: I save a tif file to a particular
> folder.  The "save as" pop up sometimes defaults to the correct folder,
> and sometimes defaults to the "temporary internet folder."  Sometimes
> it will save the file to the correct folder and sometimes it will say
> that it's saving it to the correct folder, but it actually ends up in
> the "temporary internet folder."

> Here's a weird twist.  If I go to the temporary internet folder, the
> file is nowhere to be found, only temporary internet files.  If I go to
> the "recent" folder under Windows and find that particular file, it
> points me to the "temporary internet folder."  There's a provision in
> this window that will take me to the file in the "temporary internet
> folder".  When I go there, my "lost" file is there, but no temporary
> internet files!  Strange, huh!

> I've contacted Ulead several times.  They tell me they have never heard
> of the problem and that their programmers in Japan can't duplicate it.
> In addition, one of the technicians on the phone told me that it
> sounded like a Microsoft issue.  I don't want to switch to another
> program if I can help it.  If anyone has any insight as to what the
> remedy is, please post it here.  It will be greatly appreciated.  Thank
> you.

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

PI 5 loses files or saves to temp internet folder

Post by wolfbane5.. » Tue, 09 Jan 2001 04:58:32

Hi WKJ,

Thanks for the response.  You had better luck fixing the problem than I
did.  I tried what you said, but no go.  Perhaps someone else out there
has seen this and will respond with a cure.  Thanks again.  Wolfbane

> I was the one that started the earlier thread. My problem was with PI
6, so
> I think it is a Microsoft ME issue. I can't remember what it was I
did to
> fix it.

> If I remeber correctly, empty your "temporoary internet files
folder". Then
> run a defrag on all your drives. I think that was what solved the
problem
> for me. Hope that helps.

> --
> wkj
> Founding Editor-PhotoImpact Online
> http://www.photoimpact.org
> __________________
> Visit the PhotoImpact Online Forums!
> http://pub25.ezboard.com/bphotoimpactonline

> > Hi all,

> > Back in November the following issue was posted here.  I was
curious if
> > anyone ever came up with a solution to the problem.  I, too, am
> > experiencing basically the same thing.  I use PI 5.0 with Win ME.
The
> > problem wasn't present with Win 95.

> > This is what happens in my case: I save a tif file to a particular
> > folder.  The "save as" pop up sometimes defaults to the correct
folder,
> > and sometimes defaults to the "temporary internet folder."
Sometimes
> > it will save the file to the correct folder and sometimes it will
say
> > that it's saving it to the correct folder, but it actually ends up
in
> > the "temporary internet folder."

> > Here's a weird twist.  If I go to the temporary internet folder, the
> > file is nowhere to be found, only temporary internet files.  If I
go to
> > the "recent" folder under Windows and find that particular file, it
> > points me to the "temporary internet folder."  There's a provision
in
> > this window that will take me to the file in the "temporary internet
> > folder".  When I go there, my "lost" file is there, but no temporary
> > internet files!  Strange, huh!

> > I've contacted Ulead several times.  They tell me they have never
heard
> > of the problem and that their programmers in Japan can't duplicate
it.
> > In addition, one of the technicians on the phone told me that it
> > sounded like a Microsoft issue.  I don't want to switch to another
> > program if I can help it.  If anyone has any insight as to what the
> > remedy is, please post it here.  It will be greatly appreciated.
Thank
> > you.

> > Sent via Deja.com
> > http://www.deja.com/

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

PI 5 loses files or saves to temp internet folder

Post by Goosenec » Tue, 09 Jan 2001 23:24:23

Quote:> Hi WKJ,

> Thanks for the response.  You had better luck fixing the problem than I
> did.  I tried what you said, but no go.  Perhaps someone else out there
> has seen this and will respond with a cure.  Thanks again.  Wolfbane

Woldbane:

Is there any chance you have 2 "temporary internet" folders inside different
folders?  One possibility is "c:/windows/temporary internet files" and
another under Netscape?  Try a search for "temporary" files/folders.

Michael P. Gosnell

Post by wolfbane5.. » Thu, 11 Jan 2001 12:59:19

> > Hi WKJ,

> > Thanks for the response.  You had better luck fixing the problem
than I
> > did.  I tried what you said, but no go.  Perhaps someone else out
there
> > has seen this and will respond with a cure.  Thanks again.  Wolfbane

> Woldbane:

> Is there any chance you have 2 "temporary internet" folders inside
different
> folders?  One possibility is "c:/windows/temporary internet files" and
> another under Netscape?  Try a search for "temporary" files/folders.

> Michael P. Gosnell

Hi Gooseneck,

Nope. Theres only one Temporary Internet Files folder and its a
subdirectory of Windows.  I use Internet Explorer and theres not a
Temporary Internet Files folder in there.

Thanks for the input.

Wolfbane

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

1. Temp folder

Which temp folder is it that I delete and rebuild when my PSP starts acting
funny?  I cannot remember tonight!  I have a C:\Temp, and then I have
C:\WINDOWS\Temp.

Pamela
______________________________
http://www.DesertIslandDesigns.com
http://www.Jammies-On.com - Home of the Kelley Family
______________________________
E-Mail is spelled out below to prevent SPAM
pamela at desertislanddesigns dot com

2. Tip for great wood texture

3. Mac Temp Folder Question

4. Where is GP 3.6?

5. action to save copy of file in same folder

6. Help with PI and color temp

7. Problem saving graphic files from the internet

8. Open/Save large files disconnects from internet

9. Lost Folder Thumbnails