Alternative DV Export Options?

Post by m122 » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 03:43:27

Are there any other options/codecs that I can use for DV Exporting?  Besides
being stuck with MS DV Export, and compressing using DV 1 and 2?

For some reason I get a weird "sheen" on my video during the export option,
and I'd like to try some different mechanisms.

I have a ton of different compression options I can select besides DV, but
as far as I'm aware MPEG won't export out to DV through the MS DV driver?

File formats that I have available include MPEG 4, DIVX, etc.  So is there
anything else I can use beside DV Compression?

Alternative DV Export Options?

Post by Jerry Jon » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 09:13:27

Quote:> For some reason I get a weird "sheen"
> on my video during the export option,

That is totally bizarre.

I've never run into that problem using the Microsoft DV encoders, personally.

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net

Post by m122 » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 20:31:21

Quote:> > For some reason I get a weird "sheen"
> > on my video during the export option,

> That is totally bizarre.

> I've never run into that problem using the Microsoft DV encoders,
personally.

> Jerry Jones
> http://www.jonesgroup.net

Yeah, I don't know what the deal is, if it's really on the studio cameras -
since they are old and will be replaced this month, or if it's an export
problem.  Because it seems to look fairly sharp and crisp on my computer
monitor but when I export it to DV I get the sheen.

1. No Sound on DV Export

If I capture a DV video then it comes out fine (sometimes the first few
seconds of sound is a little choppy). However, if I use MediaStudio 6.5 Pro
to Export that video back to my camera (even if I do nothing at all to the
video) then it comes out with no sound. Simply playing it (say) with Media
Player the sound is there fine.

I also have another video editor package - Presto VideoWorks 4.5 - and it
can output that same video file back to my DV camera with no problem at all.
However, I don't like the Presto product - it's difficult to understand and
painfully slow to use. Besides, I paid a lot of money for MediaStudio and I
expect it to work for me.

Any ideas? K6-450MHz 256Mb C:8GB D:8Gb E:80Gb (totally reserved for video)
Windows ME. Canon MV4i camera with IEEE 1394 firewire.

Firewire editing with DV Camera is new for me. However, Media Studio is
not - I've been using v5.2 with Matrox Marvel G200 for years so I do
understand the package.

Cheers
Steve.

2. DX8.1 GeForce 3 Problem

3. Exporting from Ulead VS4SE to Sony PC100 via DV

4. 3D graphics programmer

5. export-option of SceneViewer 1.x

6. How to place the right displacement map on the right area?

7. V. 4.0...EXPORT option not available...Please advise

8. Option of Path export

9. max2.5 and export options

10. Export options