UPI 8.0

Post by Juhan » Mon, 14 Oct 2002 15:20:22

Hi,
Trying to install fully paid version of ULEAD PI 8 ESD( upgrade from UPI 7 )
I got message:
INSTALL SHIELD
1608: Unable to create InstallDriver instance.

Writing several times to Ulead support I finally got email:

"This is caused by the fact that there are several microsoft installer
instances that exist. If you experience this error, please download the
correct isscript.msi and install it after downloading. You can download this
file from the internet for free. After installing it manually, your
installation will run without any problems."

I have done all I can-but no help. Cannot find  the right site.
I got the physical cd rom UPI 8,  too -same results.
PhotoImpact 7.0 works fine, but just wanted to upgrade to 8.0.
Please help...
thank You
Juhani
from Tampere Finland

UPI 8.0

Post by Jason Dun » Sun, 20 Oct 2002 06:17:57

Have you tried rebooting, deleting everything in c:\windows\temp, then
rebooting again?

-----
Jason Dunn
Author, "Faster Smarter Digital Video"
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0735618739/jasondunn-20/

Quote:> Hi,
> Trying to install fully paid version of ULEAD PI 8 ESD( upgrade from UPI
7 )
> I got message:
> INSTALL SHIELD
> 1608: Unable to create InstallDriver instance.

> Writing several times to Ulead support I finally got email:

> "This is caused by the fact that there are several microsoft installer
> instances that exist. If you experience this error, please download the
> correct isscript.msi and install it after downloading. You can download
this
> file from the internet for free. After installing it manually, your
> installation will run without any problems."

> I have done all I can-but no help. Cannot find  the right site.
> I got the physical cd rom UPI 8,  too -same results.
> PhotoImpact 7.0 works fine, but just wanted to upgrade to 8.0.
> Please help...
> thank You
> Juhani
> from Tampere Finland

UPI 8.0

Post by B. Pe » Sun, 20 Oct 2002 09:56:04

> I have done all I can-but no help. Cannot find  the right site.
> I got the physical cd rom UPI 8,  too -same results.
> PhotoImpact 7.0 works fine, but just wanted to upgrade to 8.0.
> Please help...
> thank You
> Juhani

You can download and install the latest version of the Windows Installer. To
do this, follow these steps:

Click the appropriate link below for your version of Microsoft Windows:
Microsoft Windows 95 or Microsoft Windows 98

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=17343

Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=17344

Click the link for InstMsi.exe under Download Now.

In the File Download box, select Save this program to disk, and then click
OK.

In the Save As dialog box, specify a download location for InstMsi.exe, and
then click Save.

Double-click the downloaded InstMsi.exe file to install the Windows
Installer update.

Click Yes if prompted to restart your computer.

After your computer restarts, try installing your program.

UPI 8.0

Post by Juhan » Mon, 21 Oct 2002 05:55:47

Thank You, but it doesn't work..
I use win 2000 prof, 333, 384mb,20+40gb-about 20gb free,
nvidia...viruschecking, firewall.
Juhani

> > I have done all I can-but no help. Cannot find  the right site.
> > I got the physical cd rom UPI 8,  too -same results.
> > PhotoImpact 7.0 works fine, but just wanted to upgrade to 8.0.
> > Please help...
> > thank You
> > Juhani

> You can download and install the latest version of the Windows Installer.
> do this, follow these steps:

> Click the appropriate link below for your version of Microsoft Windows:
> Microsoft Windows 95 or Microsoft Windows 98

> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=17343

> Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=17344

> Click the link for InstMsi.exe under Download Now.

> In the File Download box, select Save this program to disk, and then click
> OK.

> In the Save As dialog box, specify a download location for InstMsi.exe,
and
> then click Save.

> Double-click the downloaded InstMsi.exe file to install the Windows
> Installer update.

> Click Yes if prompted to restart your computer.

> After your computer restarts, try installing your program.

1. Opening/converting Ill 8.0 ->FH 8.0

We have Illustrator 8.0 and FreeHand 8.0. We create graphics in both on a
daily basis. Do not ask me why we use both, I cant answer, its not my job to
decide that.

What the problem seems to be is that the person using FreeHand 8.0 would like
to convert some of the Ill 8.0 (or Ill 7.0) into FH 8.0 files. Ive tried
various methods and none of them have worked. The best we get is a screen with
a box with everybodys favorited X through it!

Im hoping someone on this list knows how to do this. Used to be you saved the
file as an Ill 1.0, but I would hope that ancient method isnt in use anymore!

TIA!

Heather
Centre Daily Times
State College PA
http://www.centredaily.com

2. quartics

3. UPI File Format

4. New StandAlone DVD Plays MiniDVDs

5. UPI 6: Type 1 fonts?

6. shader output variables

7. Please help..UPI FILE

8. 3D-Studio--Mirage Raytracer

9. Any plans for UPI on other platforms?

10. illustrator 8.0 + New G3's

11. Want To Add More FONTS For Adobe Illustrator 7.0 And 8.0