Video Studio 5 crashes (demo)

Post by Ricardo Stell » Thu, 17 May 2001 08:00:43

I've installed, reinstalled, wiped the registry, but it keeps on
crashing.  VSTUDIO IPFs in module UNKOWN.

I reinstalled video drivers (latest - ATI RAGE PRO 8 megs) and disabled
everything via selective startup (Win98).

I asked ULEAD and they suggested 'reinstalling windows'.  I'm thinking
reinstalling Vstudio first.  If not, I'd look at installing Win98SE on
top, but...

Any ideas on complete removal ?  Or what can cause the crashes ?

TIA - please CC any followups - remove nospam

 Ricardo Stella                                  O.I.T.
 (609)896-5000 x7436           _suAve_           Rider University
                 *** SPAM will not be tolerated  ***

  stella.vcf
< 1K Download

Video Studio 5 crashes (demo)

Post by James Wes » Sun, 03 Jun 2001 09:57:49

I had to install 98SE (from98) to get it to work with my firewire card
the program ran OK though just no capture

of course we are pissing in the wind here as you give NO details of your
system
kind of like ringing the Doctor at 2am and asking what's wrong with you when
you feel ill

did you download the demo......it might be a corrupt download?

Quote:

> I've installed, reinstalled, wiped the registry, but it keeps on
> crashing.  VSTUDIO IPFs in module UNKOWN.

> I reinstalled video drivers (latest - ATI RAGE PRO 8 megs) and disabled
> everything via selective startup (Win98).

> I asked ULEAD and they suggested 'reinstalling windows'.  I'm thinking
> reinstalling Vstudio first.  If not, I'd look at installing Win98SE on
> top, but...

> Any ideas on complete removal ?  Or what can cause the crashes ?

> TIA - please CC any followups - remove nospam

> --
>  Ricardo Stella                                  O.I.T.
>  (609)896-5000 x7436           _suAve_           Rider University
>                  *** SPAM will not be tolerated  ***

Video Studio 5 crashes (demo)

Post by Bill Uhric » Mon, 04 Jun 2001 04:37:47

I found Video Studio 5 to be very unstable.  The patch makes it more stable
but then it wouldn't recognize the audio portion of any mpg's recorded from
the ATI Multi Media Center.  I run Win2K.  I had numerous conversations with
tech support.  One thing to understand is that the demo version is not the
same as the bought version.  It uses different drivers (codec's?).  The demo
version worked fine for me but the bought version was a mess.  Eventually I
gave up and got a refund.

Bill

> I had to install 98SE (from98) to get it to work with my firewire card
> the program ran OK though just no capture

> of course we are pissing in the wind here as you give NO details of your
> system
> kind of like ringing the Doctor at 2am and asking what's wrong with you
when
> you feel ill

> did you download the demo......it might be a corrupt download?

> > I've installed, reinstalled, wiped the registry, but it keeps on
> > crashing.  VSTUDIO IPFs in module UNKOWN.

> > I reinstalled video drivers (latest - ATI RAGE PRO 8 megs) and disabled
> > everything via selective startup (Win98).

> > I asked ULEAD and they suggested 'reinstalling windows'.  I'm thinking
> > reinstalling Vstudio first.  If not, I'd look at installing Win98SE on
> > top, but...

> > Any ideas on complete removal ?  Or what can cause the crashes ?

> > TIA - please CC any followups - remove nospam

> > --
> >  Ricardo Stella                                  O.I.T.
> >  (609)896-5000 x7436           _suAve_           Rider University
> >                  *** SPAM will not be tolerated  ***

Video Studio 5 crashes (demo)

Post by Dave » Mon, 04 Jun 2001 10:25:01

There are many reasons that one program may not be happy on any given
computer with all the different software, drivers, etc.

Programers try and make the software as compatible as possible with most all
computer configurations, software, etc. it is not a perfect world and not
always the software that gets the blame but another software program that
has screwed things up.

Adding and removing software can cause major problems over time.   Those of
us who do this realize that we will have to format our hard drives to clean
everything up so we can have a fresh start about every 6mo. or year.

In otherwords the finger is not always pointed in the right direction when
problems arrise.

Regards
Dave T

> I found Video Studio 5 to be very unstable.  The patch makes it more
stable
> but then it wouldn't recognize the audio portion of any mpg's recorded
from
> the ATI Multi Media Center.  I run Win2K.  I had numerous conversations
with
> tech support.  One thing to understand is that the demo version is not the
> same as the bought version.  It uses different drivers (codec's?).  The
demo
> version worked fine for me but the bought version was a mess.  Eventually
> gave up and got a refund.

> Bill

> > I had to install 98SE (from98) to get it to work with my firewire card
> > the program ran OK though just no capture

> > of course we are pissing in the wind here as you give NO details of your
> > system
> > kind of like ringing the Doctor at 2am and asking what's wrong with you
> when
> > you feel ill

> > did you download the demo......it might be a corrupt download?

> > > I've installed, reinstalled, wiped the registry, but it keeps on
> > > crashing.  VSTUDIO IPFs in module UNKOWN.

> > > I reinstalled video drivers (latest - ATI RAGE PRO 8 megs) and
disabled
> > > everything via selective startup (Win98).

> > > I asked ULEAD and they suggested 'reinstalling windows'.  I'm thinking
> > > reinstalling Vstudio first.  If not, I'd look at installing Win98SE on
> > > top, but...

> > > Any ideas on complete removal ?  Or what can cause the crashes ?

> > > TIA - please CC any followups - remove nospam

> > > --
> > >  Ricardo Stella                                  O.I.T.
> > >  (609)896-5000 x7436           _suAve_           Rider University
> > >                  *** SPAM will not be tolerated  ***

Video Studio 5 crashes (demo)

Post by Bill Uhric » Tue, 05 Jun 2001 03:21:57

I'm one of those people who reinstalls the OS every 6 months or so with a
fresh format, for all the reasons you mention.  I tried it in this case but
it didn't help.  I mainly was bothered by the difference between the demo
and "real" versions.  I installed the demo, in large part  to be certain of
compatibility and it worked well.  Their tech support told me that there
were significant differences between the two versions.  The good part was
that when the "real" version didn't work, I got a refund with minimum
hassle.

Bill

> There are many reasons that one program may not be happy on any given
> computer with all the different software, drivers, etc.

> Programers try and make the software as compatible as possible with most
all
> computer configurations, software, etc. it is not a perfect world and not
> always the software that gets the blame but another software program that
> has screwed things up.

> Adding and removing software can cause major problems over time.   Those
of
> us who do this realize that we will have to format our hard drives to
clean
> everything up so we can have a fresh start about every 6mo. or year.

> In otherwords the finger is not always pointed in the right direction when
> problems arrise.

> Regards
> Dave T

> > I found Video Studio 5 to be very unstable.  The patch makes it more
> stable
> > but then it wouldn't recognize the audio portion of any mpg's recorded
> from
> > the ATI Multi Media Center.  I run Win2K.  I had numerous conversations
> with
> > tech support.  One thing to understand is that the demo version is not
the
> > same as the bought version.  It uses different drivers (codec's?).  The
> demo
> > version worked fine for me but the bought version was a mess.
Eventually
> > gave up and got a refund.

> > Bill

> > > I had to install 98SE (from98) to get it to work with my firewire card
> > > the program ran OK though just no capture

> > > of course we are pissing in the wind here as you give NO details of
your
> > > system
> > > kind of like ringing the Doctor at 2am and asking what's wrong with
you
> > when
> > > you feel ill

> > > did you download the demo......it might be a corrupt download?

> disabled

1. 3D Dress Maker/Fashion Studio Video Demos

3D Dress Maker/Fashion Studio Video Demos

Hello,

Please go to

http://www.dynagraphicsinc.com/download/video_demos/

to download all the video demos

2D_Jacket_Design.exe
2D_Skirt_Design.exe
2D_Trousers_Attachments.exe
3D_Skirt_Placement.exe
3D_Skirt_Dressing.exe
Set_Col_Tex_Lit.exe
Snap_Photo.exe

They can be directly run in Windows.

Fashion Studio 99 is for  US$ 907.4 =  (US$820 + 7% tax + $30 (Shipping and
handling))

Dress Maker 2.0 is for US$ 265.4 = (US$220+ 7% tax + $30 (Shipping and
handling))

You can order our products by either of the following ways.

1. Order Online  by Credit Card Info (Master Card or Visa Card)

    Go to http://www.dynagraphicsinc.com/order/order_form.htm,  Fill the
form
    and  press "submit" button to e-mail  the order form to us.

2. Fax by Credit Card Info (Master Card or Visa Card)

    In your e-mail does work correctly in 1, you can fill it and print it
out, then
    send it to us by fax to (416) 293 2659.

3. Wire Transfer your payment directly to DGS' bank account.

Should you have any questions, please contact us by e-mails.

Cheers.

DGS

2. Rezin Productions New Page Up

3. Can't open surface file

4. EPS format?

5. Problem with Power Goo

6. Video Studio 4, Demo available ?

7. Video Studio 7 Crashes

8. Video Studio 3 crashes when making Real Media file

9. Video Studio 6 & Video Studio 6 SE

10. Video Studio 4 vs Video Studio 3