Ulead DVD Movie Factory and DVD Workshop MPG Problem

Ulead DVD Movie Factory and DVD Workshop MPG Problem

Post by u.. » Wed, 10 Apr 2002 04:04:59

I've got the trial of both of these programs (Ulead DVD Movie Factory
and Ulead DVD Workshop), and when I try to open either, I get a "Load
MPEG vio Driver Error".

Otherwise, all of my programs that use MPEG, including Ulead Media
Studio Pro, are working fine.

Any suggestions / recommendations ??

Thanks

Ulead DVD Movie Factory and DVD Workshop MPG Problem

Post by Ken Lowth » Wed, 10 Apr 2002 12:49:30

Check you PATH environment variable.  I seem to remember that someone
had this problem and they fixed it by removing the double quotes that
enclosed the data that DVD MovieFactory added to their PATH

Hope that helps.

- Ken

> I've got the trial of both of these programs (Ulead DVD Movie Factory
> and Ulead DVD Workshop), and when I try to open either, I get a "Load
> MPEG vio Driver Error".

> Otherwise, all of my programs that use MPEG, including Ulead Media
> Studio Pro, are working fine.

> Any suggestions / recommendations ??

> Thanks

Ulead DVD Movie Factory and DVD Workshop MPG Problem

Post by gene.. » Wed, 10 Apr 2002 17:04:47

Quote:>Check you PATH environment variable.  I seem to remember that someone
>had this problem and they fixed it by removing the double quotes that
>enclosed the data that DVD MovieFactory added to their PATH

>Hope that helps.

Hi Ken

Where would I find the "PATH environment variable" ? I didnt see path
(or anything in quotes) in the ini files

Thanks Again

Ulead DVD Movie Factory and DVD Workshop MPG Problem

Post by Dean Wittk » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 00:58:15

Look in your autoexec.bat file in your root directory,. at least that's
where the path used to be set in the old days.
Quote:> Where would I find the "PATH environment variable" ? I didnt see path
> (or anything in quotes) in the ini files

Ulead DVD Movie Factory and DVD Workshop MPG Problem

Post by Paul Gree » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 02:37:36

If your using NT/Win2K or XP the PATH is set in Control
Panel->System->Environment

> >Check you PATH environment variable.  I seem to remember that someone
> >had this problem and they fixed it by removing the double quotes that
> >enclosed the data that DVD MovieFactory added to their PATH

> >Hope that helps.

> Hi Ken

> Where would I find the "PATH environment variable" ? I didnt see path
> (or anything in quotes) in the ini files

> Thanks Again

Ulead DVD Movie Factory and DVD Workshop MPG Problem

Post by Ken Lowth » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 02:38:45

It depends on what operating system you are using.  If Win2000, bring
up the control panel and run System.  Click the advanced tab then the
Environment variables button.  It should be in the system variables.

- Ken

> >Check you PATH environment variable.  I seem to remember that someone
> >had this problem and they fixed it by removing the double quotes that
> >enclosed the data that DVD MovieFactory added to their PATH

> >Hope that helps.

> Hi Ken

> Where would I find the "PATH environment variable" ? I didnt see path
> (or anything in quotes) in the ini files

> Thanks Again

Ulead DVD Movie Factory and DVD Workshop MPG Problem

Post by gene.. » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 03:32:37

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002 08:58:15 -0700, "Dean Wittke"

>Look in your autoexec.bat file in your root directory,. at least that's
>where the path used to be set in the old days.

>> Where would I find the "PATH environment variable" ? I didnt see path
>> (or anything in quotes) in the ini files

Thanks Ken and Dean

Ulead DVD Movie Factory and DVD Workshop MPG Problem

Post by Alain Caille » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 04:05:16

I had the problem with the path.... solved it for myself and a
friend as follow:

In Win98SE, at least, the path can only be that long (128 char ?)
and Ulead DVDWS install ads to the existing path with the %% DOS
trick

For some reason, software now like to install in a subfolder of the
"company" folder. They think you will be buying a lot of other
program from them and want all their eggs under the same roof.
The problem is that they use the full company name as well as the
full software name and with name as "Ulead DVD Workshop" for a
folder name you rapidly run out of space for the full path name
C:\Program Files\Ulead .......

I just reinstall the program with the "custom" option and choose a
short path like c:\Utils\DVDWS
or I use the MagicMover Swiss knife to move the already installed
program(s) that need a path in system variable, to a folder with a
shorter path name.

Alain