Creating wmf files

Post by Bob G » Fri, 30 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Wmf format was intended to be used with vector based graphics. Provided
the graphic is created in a vector based drawing program, and properly
saved to the vector based version of wmf, the graphic will not have a
background (unless you added it). The background you refer to is part of
raster based images.

If you try to save a raster based graphic in wmf format, the graphic
will have a background because raster based images are basically
rectangular. The rectangular background is actually part of the raster
image. Also, programs that can only save to a raster based form of wmf
will create wmf graphics that include a background.

Additionally, some paint programs indicate they can read wmf format
(vector or raster version). However, they may open the graphic as a
raster image. If the wmf graphic was vector based without a background
originally, opening the graphic as a raster image will create a
background.

Bob G.

> Is it possible to create a Windows metafile with a transparent
> background? This feature doesn't seem to be available but maybe I'm
> wrong (I hope).

> (to respond via email, remove the _ in my email address)

Creating wmf files

Post by Micha » Sat, 31 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Is it possible to create a Windows metafile with a transparent
background? This feature doesn't seem to be available but maybe I'm
wrong (I hope).

(to respond via email, remove the _ in my email address)

Creating wmf files

Post by Micha » Mon, 02 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I would like to be able to create wmf files that contain transparent
areas in the picture because it has some nice graphical effects that I
would like to incorporate into other wmf files.  I noticed that it is
possible to save a file as a wmf.  Therefore, I assume that this could
be done somehow.  Everybody, your comments are greatly appreciated!!

1. Creating WMF File from Application Printout

Is it possible to create a WMF file from an application by printing to file
instead of the printer?  Would this create an Enhanced Meta File or a raw
printer file.  My PC runs Win98 with a pcl printer.

Thanks - Jack

2. colormap problem

3. Creating RTF-File with WMF Graphics included

4. Using of Dual-CPU's

5. how to create emf/wmf file?

6. 3D Studio Max Fromats

7. creating emf/wmf files

8. TrueSpace seeked

9. WMF file format & WMF readers

10. Converting EPS and PS files to WMF files

11. converting an emf file to wmf file

12. Converting DXF files to .WMF or .BMP files