No sound when saving an MPG file (not related to capturing)

No sound when saving an MPG file (not related to capturing)

Post by Uncle Mil » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 13:56:22

I've got an existing MPG file of some home movies that I'm trying to
break into seperate smaller sections. The master file plays audio fine
if I play it in a media player other than VideoStudio but I have no
sound in VideoStudio when I try to edit it and the individual clips I
save have no sound no matter what media player I play them on.

I recently installed VideoStudio 7 on a new PC. I thought I ran into
this before on my old PC but for the life of me, I can't remember the
fix.

The motherboard I'm running now is an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe (AMD2400
w/512MB) with onboard sound and I have an ATI All In Wonder Radeon.
I've got the analog sound cable running from the DVD drive to the CD
In on the ATI card and then from the CD Out on the ATI card to the
onboard audio connection.

Thanks in advance for the help.

No sound when saving an MPG file (not related to capturing)

Post by Uncle Mil » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 22:17:54

I think I'm closer to figuring out my problem. From some reading I've
done, it appears that VideoStudio doesn't support AC3 sound, which is
the sound format on the MPG I'm trying to trim. If someone can clue me
in on the best approach for getting around this, conversion or
whatever, and any utility to use, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again.

No sound when saving an MPG file (not related to capturing)

Post by Jerry Jon » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 01:45:14

Ulead MediaStudio Pro 7.0 supports AC-3 editing:

http://www.ulead.com/msp/trial.htm

If you're looking for a free conversion utility, you might have a look
at the BeSweet application:

http://dspguru.notrace.dk/

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net

1. Sound from .mpg files...

Is it possible to seperate the sound from an .mpg file using some kind of
software, and deposite it into a .wav or .mpg file??

                      http://www.help.com/

2. Submarine model? Anyone?

3. MPG player that can play sound file ?

4. looking for talented artists.

5. TMediaPlayer and MPG files - What DeviceType (not dtAutoSelect)

6. truespace 2.beta upgrade...?

7. Video Capture Frame save or not ?

8. Drawing Icons

9. capture and save video picture,but not clear.

10. Open GL not working in 3d grapics app - not progrmming related

11. SIGGRAPH/MM93 Sound-related Computation

12. Playing .mpg w/sound movie

13. Saving Motion Capture Files