Ulead VideoStudio 5 not capturing

Post by CarlosW » Thu, 19 Jun 2003 00:42:48

I have an All In Wonder ATI Radeon video card with
tv-capture-wdm-6-14-10-6196v2.exe.
I have ATI MultiMedia Centre 8.1 (MMC-7-7-0-1-noDVD.exe) software
working well. I can view TV, capture TV or VHS from my VCR to disk and
play it back.

I installed only Ulead. I did not install QuickTime 5.02 (I will not
use video streaming). I have QuickTime 6.02 Player. I did not install
WM Format 7 (I have WM Player 8). Also I have Directx9-0a and
WMEncoder.exe Ver 5.50.4134.600.

Ulead VideoStudio 5 does not show the video from the VHS and crashes
when I try to capture, when I try to change several of the settings,
or import an MPEG-2 file created with ATI TV Capture. I need Ulead for
capturing video from VHS tapes, editing and producing several DVDs of
2 hrs each.

I welcome any tips to make this software packages work properly.

Thanks you
Carlos

******
delete "nnoospam" for e-mail reply

Ulead VideoStudio 5 not capturing

Post by Jerry Jon » Thu, 19 Jun 2003 10:12:15

Have a look at the information on this Web site:

http://www.showshifter.com/support/SupportReports/ATIcard_crash.html

"We have found that ATI's 'VBI Surface Allocator' is incompatible with
DirectX 9."

"This is likely due to the fact that ATI have raised the priority of
their filter above the priority of the one built-into DirectX."

"This problem affects both Catalyst 2.5 and 3.0 drivers."

"Solution"

"Navigate to ATI's TV filter directory."

(normally C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\TV\ )

"Locate the file named 'AVBISurf.ax'"

"Rename this file to 'AVBISurf.bak'"

It may or may not relate to the difficulties you're having.

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net

Ulead VideoStudio 5 not capturing

Post by Jerry Jon » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 00:22:13

http://www.ulead.com/tech/vs/vs70faq_01.htm#1

The above link also has some information.

Q: I recently updated the ATI drivers and Multimedia Center program to
the latest version. After I updated the drivers, I found that
VideoStudio crashes when I click "Capture".
A: We found that the problem is caused by the "ATI VBI Surface
Allocator". To fix your problem, please follow the procedure below.

Go to C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\TV\.

Locate the file named "AVBISurf.ax".

Rename the "AVBISurf.bak" file.
However; it will disable some related functions provided by the ATI
Multimedia Center. If you need to use the complete functions in the
ATI Multimedia Center, you need to rename the file first.

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net

Ulead VideoStudio 5 not capturing

Post by CarlosW » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 05:51:01

I have partially solved the problem.

I noticed than when I installed new drivers for ATI AIW Radeon some
memory errors were displayed - "0x771c741a referenced memory at
0x00163950. The memory could not be "read". So I removed the ATI
software (MM Centre) and drivers, MyDVD 4 and Ulead VS 6.

As recommended I removed the Windows hotfix Q328310 (causes a problem
in InstallShield used by installation software by several
applications).

I reinstalled DirectX 9.0a and the ATI drivers with no memory errors.

Now Directx Diagnostic Tool does not show any errors while before the
reinstall it did.
        Click Start > Run > dxdiag > OK.

I reinstalled Ulead with no memory errors. Now the capture works fine.
I am yet to figure out the proper setting for what I want to do.

Thank you very much for your suggestion. If I need to reload ATI MM
Centre and MyDVD and encounter the capture problem again I will try
your suggestion and post the results.

Carlos

Quote:>http://www.ulead.com/tech/vs/vs70faq_01.htm#1

>The above link also has some information.

>Q: I recently updated the ATI drivers and Multimedia Center program to
>the latest version. After I updated the drivers, I found that
>VideoStudio crashes when I click "Capture".
>A: We found that the problem is caused by the "ATI VBI Surface
>Allocator". To fix your problem, please follow the procedure below.

>Go to C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\TV\.

>Locate the file named "AVBISurf.ax".

>Rename the "AVBISurf.bak" file.
>However; it will disable some related functions provided by the ATI
>Multimedia Center. If you need to use the complete functions in the
>ATI Multimedia Center, you need to rename the file first.

>Jerry Jones
>http://www.jonesgroup.net

******
delete "nnoospam" for e-mail reply

1. Ulead VideoStudio not capturing

I have just installed a Radeon 8500DV card/software/drivers (including
video capture drivers from www.ati.com) and the accompanying video
software, Ulead VideoStudio 6.

I want to capture video (recorded on VHS tape) from a VCR, edit on
computer and save in digital format (like AVI).

My Sony VCR does not have S-Video connection. It is RCA. The cables on
the VCR are plugged into the video out and audio out jacks, and into
the video in and audio in jacks on an "output block" that came with
the video card. The output block is plugged into the video card.

My computer, running Windows XP with ample RAM, recognizes the video
card but not capturing. I ran a PC Check several times from the ATI
LaunchPad and each time it continues to tell me I need a video capture
driver available from the ATI web site, which I've done, to no avail.
All other PC performance/devices were fine.

I've checked the settings in the Ulead VideoStudio software for
capturing, and indicated VCR and analog.

Obviously I'm a novice trying to get something to work. Does anyone
have another direction I can go, some advice on what I can do that
doesn't require another $$ investment? According to the manual, I am
*suppose* to be able to capture video from a VCR via RCA cables (if I
have to, which I do).

Frustrated but not giving up yet,
Schellty

2. 3ds -> Renderman Input Bytestream

3. Ulead VideoStudio 6 crashing with Latest ATI Video Capture Drivers

4. TIFF Support

5. In:sync Razor vs Ulead VideoStudio vs Autodesk Animator Studio vs Adobe Premiere

6. Maneuver around a scene.

7. In:sync Razor vs Ulead VideoStudio vs Autodes

8. D1: resource leak

9. In:sync Razor vs Ulead VideoStudio vs Autodesk Animator Studio vs Adobe Premiere

10. Ulead VideoStudio v7.00.1400 new !

11. Ulead VIDEOSTUDIO 7.0 Review by John Virata

12. ULEAD Partner Products for VideoStudio & MediaStudio Pro

13. Ulead VideoStudio Help!!