CRASH Corel Draw 8 CRASH

Post by Robert Fuch » Fri, 05 Jun 1998 04:00:00

CorelDraw 8.232 (German Version):

We can't do anything with it, because if we try to change a font (menu
Text/Format text, on Font tab) by scrolling through the combo-box, the
system halts. No GPF, no Blue Screen, no mouse, no keyboard, no
CTRL-ALT-DEL.
Always reproducable. :-((

Any hints?

mit freundlichen Gr?en - kindest regards

Robert Fuchs

EDV- und Broservice Fuchs OEG
Planseestra?e 7
A-6600 Reutte/Tirol   --->  No kangaroos here!

Tel     +43 5672 71858
Fax    +43 5672 65340

CRASH Corel Draw 8 CRASH

Post by Robert Fuch » Mon, 08 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Does it hang when the box opens, or when a particular font is
>previewed? I've had a problem in CorelDRAW 4(build unknown, last
>produced version), 7.467, and 8.232 Trial Version (all US English
>versions) with the machine* badly enough to force me to use the
>reset button any time the font MT Extra (used by the MS Word/Office
>equation editor) was shown in the preview window.

I hangs when a font is previewed. But it is always a different font.
I also removed MT Extra, but it didn't help.
There is no problem with my PC, because in the meantime we installed on 3
machines with completely different hardware equipment - always same problem.

mit freundlichen Gr?en - kindest regards

Robert Fuchs

EDV- und Broservice Fuchs OEG
Planseestra?e 7
A-6600 Reutte/Tirol   --->  No kangaroos here!

Tel     +43 5672 71858
Fax    +43 5672 65340

1. 64mgs...crash, crash,crash

Can someone tell me what would be a good minimum ram for MAX.  I've got 64
and whenevr I try to animate particle systems or anything vaguley
complicated it crashes..or it renders then crashes.

Is this strictly a memory issue?  For the first time today i got a memory
error when I tried to use convolver in the material browser then it
crashed.  But t before today it was strictly silent crashes.

I can upgrade to 128mgs if it will help.  But will it.  Could this be an
accelerator issue - i dont have one worth talking about....I've got 2 gigs
of free disk space and have 400mg swap space assigned.  Also...since I got
the extra 2 gigs its been crashing less which leads me to the memory thing.

I was reading a tutorial the other day and the guys like...first make 8
particle systems....yeah right...crash.

Anyway...email me solutions please

2. PageMaker 6.5

3. PageMaker 6.5 + 7.6.1 = crash crash crash?

4. Downloading 3.6

5. Corel Draw 10 Crashes

6. PowerMac version of POV available

7. corel draw 8 crashes (w2k - printer properties)

8. OpenGL on win NT/2000

9. Cut and Paste from PowerPoint 97 crashes Corel Draw 8

10. corel draw 7: printing causes system crash

11. Corel Draw 8 CRASHING on File Open

12. less crashing with Corel Draw 8?

13. Corel Draw 7 and Crashes with MMX?