Corel <-> Word

Post by Eric Wajnbe » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 22:44:22

Dear All,

(sorry if this is a FAQ, I was not able to find a list of FAQ for this group);

I am using CorelDraw 8.0 for making scientific graphs, and I remained unable
to tranfer these graphs into a MSWord97 document. I mean, I can always
copy/paste them, but the quality is just hugly (and I am loosing some details
on the graph).. I tried all paste format (image, DIB, Metafile, etc..), I even
tried to pass through PostScript files. No ways! I am working under Windows
98.

Did someone already solved that?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Best, Eric.

Corel <-> Word

Post by Kenneth Rylan » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 23:50:51

Eric,

I don't know whether you are trying to transfer B&W graphs, color,
grayscale, or what, but my best advice is to export the drawing to TIFF
format and place it into Word that way. If you are embedding B&W graphs,
then export to B&W TIFF's at about 900 dpi (you can use CCITT4 compression
to save yourself some disk space). If they are grayscale or color (8-bit
color will work for graphs), 300 to 450 dpi (LZW compression) is probably as
high as you should go in order to avoid such a monster document that you
can't load it on your machine. If you are using grayscale or color for the
graphs, don't anti-alias when you export the graphs from CD.

Good luck.

Ken Ryland

Quote:> Dear All,

> (sorry if this is a FAQ, I was not able to find a list of FAQ for this
group);

> I am using CorelDraw 8.0 for making scientific graphs, and I remained
unable
> to tranfer these graphs into a MSWord97 document. I mean, I can always
> copy/paste them, but the quality is just hugly (and I am loosing some
details
> on the graph).. I tried all paste format (image, DIB, Metafile, etc..), I
even
> tried to pass through PostScript files. No ways! I am working under
Windows
> 98.

> Did someone already solved that?

> Thanks in advance for any help on this.

> Best, Eric.

Corel <-> Word

Post by Paul » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 16:53:20

Hi Eric,

you could always try exporting your Corel Draw artwork as a Windows Metafile
and then when you get to Word use 'Insert>Picture>From File' browse to the
place where you saved the WMF and press 'Insert' (or is it 'OK' now? Don't
use WinWord that much)

Cheers,

Paul

Quote:> Dear All,