Importing Duotones into Draw

Post by Gavin Jackma » Fri, 05 Oct 2001 19:42:07

I have converted a grayscale image in photopaint 7 to a duotone using black
and  blue from a saved palette which i am using in Draw 7.

However when I try to import the image into Draw it comes in as a grayscale
image not duotone. If I copy and paste the image separates as CMYK. I need a
two colour sep only.

Any ideas anyone?
Gavin

Importing Duotones into Draw

Post by Jurgentj » Sat, 17 Nov 2001 02:47:20

Since I never work with duotone printing, I'm not that familiar with the
process of different ink settings in Corel Draw.
Anyhow, I'm gonna take a throw anyway.

I assume that you have do choose a palette for your Corel Draw image too,
and that the imported images will convert to a similar output. (it wouldn't
make much sence importing a duotone image into a page where there is full
color print). Maybe try using the palette you used in Photo Paint in Draw
too?

Good luck,
just my (hardly) twopence.
Jurgen.

> I have converted a grayscale image in photopaint 7 to a duotone using
black
> and  blue from a saved palette which i am using in Draw 7.

> However when I try to import the image into Draw it comes in as a
grayscale
> image not duotone. If I copy and paste the image separates as CMYK. I need
> two colour sep only.

> Any ideas anyone?
> Gavin

1. Importing duotone CPT into Draw

I'm using version 8. When I build a duotone in PhotoPaint and import
the image into Draw, it turns itself into a greyscale image. I can
then convert the greyscale image BACK into a duotone in Draw, but what
a pain in the neck. Why isn't the duotone "sticking"?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

-----------

Paul Beakley
Z-Com Media Consulting & Design

http://www.z-com.com/z-com
602.839.1300 vox
602.756.2469 fax

2. Animated Gifs Browser difference

3. duotone export for import into PageMaker

4. Intersection of rectangles

5. Draw 7 import Draw 1 and 2 files

6. White Background

7. Newbie: importing a random shape from drawing programs

8. A little office space to share . . . . .

9. How to import PS into Corel-Draw

10. PhotShop 4 image imported into Corel Draw 8