how to get rid of rectangular shape of the bitmap exported from CorelDRAE

how to get rid of rectangular shape of the bitmap exported from CorelDRAE

Post by jianzhong.. » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:12:58

i wanna make the background pixels of the image transparent so that
the graphics behind will show through the bitmap, so that i can use it
to make a splash screen whatever shape. could anyone please tell how
can i do that?

Thanks in advance.

Post by Xalin » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 01:33:07

>i wanna make the background pixels of the image transparent so that
>the graphics behind will show through the bitmap, so that i can use it
>to make a splash screen whatever shape. could anyone please tell how
>can i do that?

>Thanks in advance.

There are only two image formats that support transparency - GIF and
PNG.

Michael

Post by jianzhong.. » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 18:08:09

> There are only two image formats that support transparency - GIF and
> PNG.

> Michael

Thanks Michael. but as i said, that's not the problem here.

some said scripts might be in need but i wanna know how i can make it??

Post by Xalin » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:03:27

>> There are only two image formats that support transparency - GIF and
>> PNG.

>> Michael

>Thanks Michael. but as i said, that's not the problem here.

>some said scripts might be in need but i wanna know how i can make it??

How about using File->Export and chosing GIF as your desired output
format?
Then in the third step of the export dialog you chose the (one!) color
of your image that should become transparent.

You have to make sure that the color (=palette index) you use for
transparency is only used for areas that are to be transparent,
otherwise your image will have holes.

Michael

how to get rid of rectangular shape of the bitmap exported from CorelDRAE

Post by Adhesive Label » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 08:02:46

You may have to reverse your thinking. Make the graphics transparent
and place them over the bitmap

Steve

Post by jianzhong.. » Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:53:38

> You may have to reverse your thinking. Make the graphics transparent
> and place them over the bitmap

> Steve

look the problem has been that the transparent bitmap(GIF format)
exported from CorelDRAW still shows its rectangle shape! i picked the
transparent index color 215 and it showed me the grey rectangle shape.
why was that?

Post by Xalin » Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:08:11

>> You may have to reverse your thinking. Make the graphics transparent
>> and place them over the bitmap

>> Steve

>look the problem has been that the transparent bitmap(GIF format)
>exported from CorelDRAW still shows its rectangle shape! i picked the
>transparent index color 215 and it showed me the grey rectangle shape.
>why was that?

The "transparent color" will be transparent in you webbrowser but not
in your image editor.

Michael

1. Automatic rectangular axis-aligned shapes placement...

Hello,

I'm searching an algorithm (or more than one) that given a list of
2D-rectangular shapes and a minimum space distance between shapes can
find the best placement of those shapes in order to take the smallest
possible area and the bounding rectangle of all shapes is more
square-like.

Is this problem NP-hard?

Alan.
Alan Savary
R&D Engineer
SimTeam
Virtual Presence
Muse Technologies, Inc
Tel: +33 (0)1 45 45 15 55
Fax +33 (0)1 45 45 16 17
Web: http://www.simteam.com & http://www.vrweb.com &
http://www.musetech.com

2. A powerful screen saver builder! (9/23/2001 update)

3. Mapping a rectangular image on to an irregular shape

4. Resolutions

5. Getting rid of excess utility files

6. Microtek Tech Support :(

7. Getting rid of FreeTel

8. Printing to film

9. Getting rid of Spam

10. BMRT beginer question, getting rid of Mach banding

11. Getting rid of red cast

12. Getting rid of shadows in Quark documents

13. Getting rid of second monitor on Power Mac 8100/80 AV