How To

Post by Ken How » Sat, 15 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I have corel 6. I wanted to create some original gfx for my web site,
hence getting corel 6! Anyways I had 2 effects in mind. One is to add
that gray 3D shading stuff behind some text. The other is to take some
text and spin it about a central axis, up/down left/right what ever.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on these two effects?

--
Ken Howe

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/howe

How To

Post by Bob Hi » Mon, 17 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>>I have corel 6. I wanted to create some original gfx for my web site,

hence getting corel 6! Anyways I had 2 effects in mind. One is to add
that gray 3D shading stuff behind some text. The other is to take some
text and spin it about a central axis, up/down left/right what ever. Can
anyone point me in the right direction on these two effects?
--
Ken Howe

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/howe<<
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Using Artistic text, apply your text in the font and size you desire.
Having previously set your Duplicate options to 0x0 (I want exact dups
over place except upon exception), and your Nudge option to 0.01 (or even
0.001) in Preferences (also set Greeking to 2 pixels). Once your text is
complete, do a Control D and you'll have an exact duplicate on top of the
original. Nudge this new text (which will be on top) 10 clicks up, 10
clicks right. Now select the remaining text and Control D to make another
Dup. While this is selected, from Arrange, place it to BACK, then while
it's still selected nudge left and down the number of steps you wish the
shadow width. Since the bottom text is selected, hold down SHIFT and
select top Text (not the one you moved out of the way) for multi-select.
Go to Effects and Blend, choosing an appropriate number of steps and
color the top text Black and the bottom text one step (or so) above White.
 Now you'll get a fade from black to almost invisible for the shadow. Now
click on the text you moved out of the way, and nudge back 10 left and 10
clicks down. Your top text will now be back in place and you can choose
whatever fill you'd like to give that. Offset or leave in place. If you
wish this rotated, then marquee all (or if this is all that's on your
page, do a Control A (select all) and then with Pick tool, click twice to
get rotating options (arrows), grab a corner handle and rotate as you
desire or use the menu to rotate to a specific angle.  Hope this works
for you.
       Bob Hill