CorelDraw - Word XP - Windows XP

Post by Jeremy Kumi » Thu, 01 May 2003 20:56:17

This seems like a huge problem to me, but I have yet to find any
reference or suggested workarounds for this problem.

I am attempting to copy a table from Word XP into a CorelDraw 10 or 11
document under Windows XP.  I have yet to do this successfully.

Under Windows 2000, with Office 2000, I can import from Word into
Corel 10 or 11 all day long without any problems.

Has anyone else experienced this and, if so, did you find a
workaround?  Please Help!!!!!  This is a huge issue and makes the
upgrade we just went though pointless.

As an aside... does anyone know if Wordperfect will open a Word
document natively?  That might be an acceptable workaround for now.

Thanks.

CorelDraw - Word XP - Windows XP

Post by Jeff Darris » Fri, 02 May 2003 03:36:09

Quote:> This seems like a huge problem to me, but I have yet to find any
> reference or suggested workarounds for this problem.

> I am attempting to copy a table from Word XP into a CorelDraw 10 or 11
> document under Windows XP.  I have yet to do this successfully.

> Under Windows 2000, with Office 2000, I can import from Word into
> Corel 10 or 11 all day long without any problems.

> Has anyone else experienced this and, if so, did you find a
> workaround?  Please Help!!!!!  This is a huge issue and makes the
> upgrade we just went though pointless.

> As an aside... does anyone know if Wordperfect will open a Word
> document natively?  That might be an acceptable workaround for now.

> Thanks.

Can you try and import the whole word document, rather than simply
copy/paste.  Also, as a real dirty fix, take a screen shot, or use Corel's
word processor engine to do it in the first place.  And no, WordPerfect will
not open a Word Doc nativly, but will do so with filters.  So out of the
box, if you install the correct filters for WordPerfect you should be fine.
Double check their website for their newest version and see what they can
and cannot open.

This is why i'm still using Office 2k.  Good luck, hope you can get it.

CorelDraw - Word XP - Windows XP

Post by Jeremy Kumi » Fri, 02 May 2003 23:44:36

Importing the whole document doesn't work.  It just brings in the text
without the cell structure  and completely blows the formatting.  What
is REALLY strange about the cut and paste thing is that t creates an
"invisible" object of the correct size.  If you double click the
invisible object, the table becomes visible in the embedded editor.
As soon as you click out, however, the object goes back to being
invisible.

I ordred a copy of Wordperfect 2002 (cheap!)  I'll test it and see if
that fixes the problem  My other choice for workaround is importing
into Illustrator.  Saving as an Illustrator file and then importing
THAT into Corel.  Using a screen shot or other screen capture is
unacceptable as I need vector/editable.

Thanks for your help.  I'll post an answer if I come up with one.

Agrafixman

Quote:

>Can you try and import the whole word document, rather than simply
>copy/paste.  Also, as a real dirty fix, take a screen shot, or use Corel's
>word processor engine to do it in the first place.  And no, WordPerfect will
>not open a Word Doc nativly, but will do so with filters.  So out of the
>box, if you install the correct filters for WordPerfect you should be fine.
>Double check their website for their newest version and see what they can
>and cannot open.

>This is why i'm still using Office 2k.  Good luck, hope you can get it.

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 14:36:09 -0400, "Jeff Darrish"

>> This seems like a huge problem to me, but I have yet to find any
>> reference or suggested workarounds for this problem.

>> I am attempting to copy a table from Word XP into a CorelDraw 10 or 11
>> document under Windows XP.  I have yet to do this successfully.

>> Under Windows 2000, with Office 2000, I can import from Word into
>> Corel 10 or 11 all day long without any problems.

>> Has anyone else experienced this and, if so, did you find a
>> workaround?  Please Help!!!!!  This is a huge issue and makes the
>> upgrade we just went though pointless.

>> As an aside... does anyone know if Wordperfect will open a Word
>> document natively?  That might be an acceptable workaround for now.

>> Thanks.

CorelDraw - Word XP - Windows XP

Post by Kenneth Rylan » Sat, 03 May 2003 22:08:11

Jeremy,

One thing that will work is to make a separate Word document out of your
table and then print it to a Postscript file. You can then import the PS
file into CorelDRAW. The text will be aligned and any borders that you have
used will be retained (as separate lines). One bad result of importing
Postscript files into CD, however, is that sometimes words are broken in the
middle. This can be a problem if you plan to edit the text.

I am currently using Office XP on Windows XP.

Ken Ryland

Post by M.L. » Sun, 27 Jul 2003 04:34:01

Quote:>>> This seems like a huge problem to me, but I have yet to find any
>>> reference or suggested workarounds for this problem.

>>> I am attempting to copy a table from Word XP into a CorelDraw 10 or 11
>>> document under Windows XP.  I have yet to do this successfully.

>>> Under Windows 2000, with Office 2000, I can import from Word into
>>> Corel 10 or 11 all day long without any problems.

>>> Has anyone else experienced this and, if so, did you find a
>>> workaround?  Please Help!!!!!  This is a huge issue and makes the
>>> upgrade we just went though pointless.

>>> As an aside... does anyone know if Wordperfect will open a Word
>>> document natively?  That might be an acceptable workaround for now.

>>> Thanks.
>>Can you try and import the whole word document, rather than simply
>>copy/paste.  Also, as a real dirty fix, take a screen shot, or use Corel's
>>word processor engine to do it in the first place.  And no, WordPerfect will
>>not open a Word Doc nativly, but will do so with filters.  So out of the
>>box, if you install the correct filters for WordPerfect you should be fine.
>>Double check their website for their newest version and see what they can
>>and cannot open.

>>This is why i'm still using Office 2k.  Good luck, hope you can get it.
>Importing the whole document doesn't work.  It just brings in the text
>without the cell structure  and completely blows the formatting.  What
>is REALLY strange about the cut and paste thing is that t creates an
>"invisible" object of the correct size.  If you double click the
>invisible object, the table becomes visible in the embedded editor.
>As soon as you click out, however, the object goes back to being
>invisible.

>I ordred a copy of Wordperfect 2002 (cheap!)  I'll test it and see if
>that fixes the problem  My other choice for workaround is importing
>into Illustrator.  Saving as an Illustrator file and then importing
>THAT into Corel.  Using a screen shot or other screen capture is
>unacceptable as I need vector/editable.

>Thanks for your help.  I'll post an answer if I come up with one.

I had a similar problem, but with Excel 2002 XP. I got Corel11 to
correctly import the selected portion of my spreadsheet by selecting
"Edit ->Paste Special -> Picture (Enhanced Metafile)."

CorelDraw - Word XP - Windows XP

Post by LLutt » Sun, 27 Jul 2003 09:14:27

I copy and Paste from Word XP into CorelDraw v8 regularly. Is this method okay
with you, or do you need to import?

WordPerfect can open a Word file. Some of the formatting may be lost.
Lynn