Aloha from Viocorp

Post by Fred Bake » Tue, 16 May 2000 04:00:00

 Aloha,
Well, this is actually getting interesting. I am Fred Baker and CEO of the
company that has caused a bit of havoc in this newsgroup. I have not kept up
on all the posts until notified that there was a lot of concern about "The
Contest". We have tried to take every precaution to show those of you who
might be wondering if we are for real or not that we truly are. There are
many companies out there that claim to be a virtual company, however, 99% of
those started as brick & mortar businesses then moved toward a telecommuting
atmosphere. We on the other hand wanted to be different.  We wanted to start
from the ground up "Virtual" and we have done so. It is not that we did not
have the capital to pay a firm to design a logo for us, we chose not to.

My previous company just went public and did so by not doing what everyone
else was doing. Which brings me to Viocorp.  We do not want to do what every
other company does when they start up, which is to hire a graphic designer
and programmers to do their work. First of all, hiring one designer and
thinking they can create what you want is ludicrous. I myself might prefer
Robert Blue, where as my wife might prefer Van Gough - both excellent
artists, yet both totally different.  I doubt they would even like one
another's work, yet they are both masters of art. I want for this company
something new and fresh... how else can that be done besides through the
minds of numerous artists both educated and un-educated.

Maybe I should have called this the Viocorp Auction - seems that would have
worked better. I have $1000.00 that I want to give to someone for a logo. If
you want to bid on the $1000.00 then feel free to, if you don't, then
exercise your free agency to pass it up. Do we promise anything other than
$1000.00? ... No we don't. Will we continue to use you solely once you
create a logo for us? ... No we won't. Is it possible to create a
relationship with us in the first phase of our company? ... Yes it is.

We will definitely start another Auction for the "Letterhead, Business
Cards, Envelopes" once we decide on our logo. And then move to the web
development side for the look of our new site. So rest assured you can count
on us putting up for auction some more money in the future.

I commend everyone on both their logos and their input whether it is
positive or negative. For size and space reasons, please do not submit any
more animated .gif's.  Due to the overwhelming response, we will only be
posting one version of the same logo - please feel free to send the logo in
different colors or black and white - we will hold them for judging
purposes.

Fred Baker

VIOCORP

Senior Managing Partner