Quark Express Filter?

Post by Paul Mun » Sat, 22 Mar 1997 04:00:00

 Hi,

A MAC person sent me a Quark Express file and I am using Corel 7.
Stuffit Expander worked great to expand the files into my PC
directories, but  IS there a filter to allow opening this file in
CorelDRAW 7 on a PC running WinNT 4.0?  I can't even open their .TIF
files they sent me.  The weird thing is that when I try to Import the
Quark file, in the area below it shows the info about the file, showing
that it is a b/w file and its pixel size.  If it can read that info, why
not the file?

Any ideas? Thanks ~  Paul

Quark Express Filter?

Post by Harry Gree » Tue, 25 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> in the area below it shows the info about the file, showing
> that it is a b/w file and its pixel size.  If it can read that info, why
> not the file?

That sounds like nonsense.  Quark files are intrinsically vector objects
-- so they should not have a pixel size.  You might be seeing information
about an image header, or just picking up random data which is being
misinterpreted.

We'd all like to be able to import quark files, and some quark users
would equally like to be able to import corel files -- but the two
companies seem to think its more important to keep their file formats
secret from each other than to let their customers make full use of their
programs.

You ought to be able to open their TIF files -- but mac programs don't
put extensions on their files, which means they don't show up in pick
lists and programs may not recognise their format as a result.  Its best
to rename them so that they end in .tif.  It also helps if they check the
"PC byte order" box when saving the file.

1. Converting from Quark Express

Some coleagues of mine have created a few documents, using Quark Express on
an Apple Mac

They want to convert these documents onto Wond 95/97 on a Windows NT
platform. It appears that Quark does not give any facility to save in an
alternative format.

Can anyone suggest how we may be able to convert the files acress onto a
format I can Import into Word?

Thanks!

Ton

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. JOB OPENING IN CA East Bay

3. Quark Express

4. If you're going to Australia....

5. Quark express to HTML

6. Inventor question: setting GLRenderCaching after reading file?

7. QUARK EXPRESS - MAKE OFFER!!!

8. texture mapping question

9. Quark Express under Windows ?

10. Quark Express 3.32 error under Win95

11. pagemaker 6 vs, Quark Express

12. Quark Express files between Mac and Windows?