Save JPEG's to Zip drive problem?

Post by jacques racin » Sun, 23 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> I just installed a Zip SCSI insider. I was scanning some things into Photo
> Paint 7 and trying to save them in JPEG format to a zip disk. It would not
> work, it was as if it would not finish saving the file and stayed busy. I
> ended up having to save in CPT format which worked fine. This leads me to
> believe it is not a hardware conflict. I would prefer to save as JPEG to
> save space etc.. Is there a known problem with this? If so is there also a
> fix? Thanks.

I would suggest saving to your hard drive and then moving (storing) on
the Zip drive.

Save JPEG's to Zip drive problem?

Post by Scott A. Perr » Sun, 23 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Do you have other SCSI device on you system?  If you do their may be a
conflict, Check you SCSI setup and check of you need terminators on you
external devices.  If this is not the case, you may still have a
conflitint IRQ or DMA channel address.  I don't see a reason why *.JPG
files would pose any spacific problem, but the data transfer coding may
be activating an error.

Don't know if this helps

Good luck
--
Scott A. Perry
Artist For Hire

Post by JP » Mon, 24 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I just installed a Zip SCSI insider. I was scanning some things into Photo
Paint 7 and trying to save them in JPEG format to a zip disk. It would not
work, it was as if it would not finish saving the file and stayed busy. I
ended up having to save in CPT format which worked fine. This leads me to
believe it is not a hardware conflict. I would prefer to save as JPEG to
save space etc.. Is there a known problem with this? If so is there also a
fix? Thanks.

Save JPEG's to Zip drive problem?

Post by JP » Mon, 24 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Thank you for the reply Scott, I do have 2 SCSI devices each uses it's own
propriatory scsi card (that came with them). This is the Zip scsi insider
and the UMAX vista scanner.  I also should mention that I have had success
with saving small JPEG files, only the large ones seem to pose a problem.
Does this make sense to anyone, as the CPT files are much larger? I was
hoping this was something that was Corel specific and had a fix already
available. I will try to save the same JPEG files to my hard drive and then
transfer them to the zip although I hope this is not the only solution.
Thanks in advance for any help on this problem.

Quote:> Do you have other SCSI device on you system?  If you do their may be a
> conflict, Check you SCSI setup and check of you need terminators on you
> external devices.  If this is not the case, you may still have a
> conflitint IRQ or DMA channel address.  I don't see a reason why *.JPG
> files would pose any spacific problem, but the data transfer coding may
> be activating an error.

> Don't know if this helps

> Good luck
> --
> Scott A. Perry
> Artist For Hire
> http://wired2.net/afh1000

Save JPEG's to Zip drive problem?

Post by Thomas Kutsch » Tue, 25 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I would suggest to check SCSI-IDs of ZIP Disk and Scanner?!?

Quote:> I just installed a Zip SCSI insider. I was scanning some things into
Photo
> Paint 7 and trying to save them in JPEG format to a zip disk. It would
not
> work, it was as if it would not finish saving the file and stayed busy. I
> ended up having to save in CPT format which worked fine. This leads me to
> believe it is not a hardware conflict. I would prefer to save as JPEG to
> save space etc.. Is there a known problem with this? If so is there also
> fix? Thanks.

Save JPEG's to Zip drive problem?

Post by Peter Almo » Tue, 25 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I have been following this link with growing interest.  I have a Umax
scanner and a parallel port Zip drive and have not noticed any
problems saving files from the hard drive.  I did, however, have
tremendous problems getting the zip drive to be recognised at all.
Installing the zip drive first solved those problems.

I use PhotoshopLE that came with the scanner for initial image
scanning, manipulation and conversion but I do have Corel Xara.  I'll
try saving a JPEG from Corel Xara to my Zip and see if I have any
problems.

I hope you've had some success already.

Peter

--
IRC in Polymer Science and Technology
Department of Physics, University of Leeds, LEEDS, LS2 9JT

Tel. 0113 233 3892      Fax. 0113 233 3846

Save JPEG's to Zip drive problem?

Post by Scott A. Perr » Tue, 25 Mar 1997 04:00:00

JP-

Wow, This subject sure generated alot of interest.  Sound to me like you
have a conflict problem between your two SCSI cards, is it possible to
use one of the cards for both devices?  If not, check the internal IRQ
and DMA Address, make sure they are not in conflict.  I know this is a
problem for ZIP drive becasue I haev a prallel version and when I put my
new printer on, I couldn't write files larger than 12k to it.  I finally
had to put in another printer port, one for the zip and one for the
printer.

If you are Win95: Check your START, SETTINGS, CONTROL PANEL, SYSTEM,
COMPUTER, PROPERTIES.  It will display there all your IRQ Addresses, you
can also check you individual devices there to see if there is a
conflict.  And this is getting very complicated, you know why don't you
just call me.  It would take me less time to explain it that way then to
try to get all the information down here in one shot.  My number is on
my web page.

Good Luck
--
Scott A. Perry
Artist For Hire

Save JPEG's to Zip drive problem?

Post by JP » Wed, 26 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I could not save the JPEG to my hard drive either, so I uninstalled, then
reinstalled Corel draw 7 and now it works fine. I must have had a corupt
file or something. Thanks to everyone who replied.
        JP

> Thank you for the reply Scott, I do have 2 SCSI devices each uses it's
own
> propriatory scsi card (that came with them). This is the Zip scsi insider
> and the UMAX vista scanner.  I also should mention that I have had
success
> with saving small JPEG files, only the large ones seem to pose a problem.
> Does this make sense to anyone, as the CPT files are much larger? I was
> hoping this was something that was Corel specific and had a fix already
> available. I will try to save the same JPEG files to my hard drive and
then
> transfer them to the zip although I hope this is not the only solution.
> Thanks in advance for any help on this problem.

> > Do you have other SCSI device on you system?  If you do their may be a
> > conflict, Check you SCSI setup and check of you need terminators on you
> > external devices.  If this is not the case, you may still have a
> > conflitint IRQ or DMA channel address.  I don't see a reason why *.JPG
> > files would pose any spacific problem, but the data transfer coding may
> > be activating an error.

> > Don't know if this helps

> > Good luck
> > --
> > Scott A. Perry
> > Artist For Hire
> > http://wired2.net/afh1000

Save JPEG's to Zip drive problem?

Post by Scott A. Perr » Wed, 26 Mar 1997 04:00:00

JP-

I'm glad it wasn't something serious after all.  Thanks for letting us
know the outcome.  I've had problems with import filters before with
corel but never with export filters.

Happy Computing
--
Scott A. Perry
Artist For Hire

Post by Matthias Kuemme » Fri, 28 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> I could not save the JPEG to my hard drive either, so I uninstalled, then
> reinstalled Corel draw 7 and now it works fine. I must have had a corupt
> file or something. Thanks to everyone who replied.
>    JP

Just another notice concerning JPEG and CD:

I had the problem that my system (Win95 with CD%) crashed when I imported
or exported jpegs from/to Corel Draw 5. The solution was a little strange:
I had installed another graphics program, that connected the file type
*.jpg with itself (in the windows explorer for automatic opening).
When I reconnected JPG to Corel Photo Paint 5, everything worked well again.

Matthias

1. Zip drive won't read own files?

My Zip drive can't read files I saved using the drive.  I've taken the
disk to a service house and they can read the file, but mine says
something about "having trouble parcing the file".  Im on a PC.  Any
guess's what my problem is?

Richard

2. How does KILL-FILE work ? Tired of the Ligthwave vs 3DS-thread

3. Pc ZIP disks in a MAC zip drive??

4. Gnuplot question

5. zip drive problems

6. Image logo

7. HELP:ZIP DRIVE PROBLEMS

8. HELP sending zipped jpeg's to a IBM or Unix system

9. Can't save to network drive

10. Here's the SOLUTION -- ZIPPED - opengl.zip (11/11)

11. Here's the SOLUTION -- ZIPPED - opengl.zip (10/11)