wrong fonts in corel eps

Post by X is anti-sp » Thu, 23 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I've just been making some eps files, with CorelDraw 3, using the
standard Adobe Type 1 font Palatino. I assumed I could set the fonts
resident, as of course they are in almost every PS device. However,
they printed as Courier. On looking in the eps I see the font is
called as "Palatino", when the actual PS name should be
"Palatino-Roman". So where is CD finding this erroneous font name so I
can fix it?

This happens with Win 3.1, ATM 2.6 (at work), and also Win95, ATM 4
(at home).

I can work around by setting the fonts non-resident, but this balloons
the files from 40k to 200k, also it uses some outlines in the files,
which look fine but aren't the Type 1 outlines.

I only recently started using CD3, after several years using CD2;
ironically one of the major attarctions was to be able to use ATM
fonts.
Making eps with CD2 using a WFN font equivalent to a Type 1 never had
this problem...

1. Corel 8 EPS export - wrong size

Hi Corel:

I posted this message once before, but no response came of it.

When I export a file as EPS, and bring it into PageMaker or Quark, it comes
in at the wrong size. I have tried it with no preview, WMF and TIF
previews, all with the same result.

However, if I export it to AI7.0, it comes in at the correct size. My
workaround has been to open it in AI7, and save the EPS from there with TIF
preview.

Is there a bug in the EPS export, as there has been in the past several
initial versions, and if so, when will a fix be posted?

I can email the CDR file if you wish to test it out. It does have several
fountain fills in it (all CMYK using child colors, too).

Regards,

Richard M. Coda
PC Type Desktop Publishing

"Desktop Publishing and Web Page Design Solutions for Business"
"Fine-Art Black and White Photography"

NOTE: My reply-to address is deliberately incorrect to avoid junk email.
      Please change "NOSPAM" to myhost

2. Help with Visual Basic Mailer Wanted

3. Corel .EPS to AI .EPS conversions

4. Need help with debugging effects

5. Font not found/wrong font size

6. Color Separation

7. Announce: Font Fetch Supports Fonts in EPS Images

8. Looking for physics calculations applied to graphics.

9. wrong filledcurves colors using postscript eps - help

10. eps output gives wrong colors

11. Scanning fonts and tracing fonts with Corel Trace 4.0

12. Wrong button bar icons in Corel Dream3D 6

13. freehand: wrong colors from postscript fonts