Corel Draw 10 Won't Sart in Windows XP...

Corel Draw 10 Won't Sart in Windows XP...

Post by Quinn Bea » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 04:47:04

I installed CorelDraw 10 and it works when I'm logged in as the
administrator of the machine but I need it to work for users in the
network environment here.  When I start CorelDraw using a normal user
account, it displays a blank box.  Anyone else ever have this problem?

Post by ah » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 08:58:04

> I installed CorelDraw 10 and it works when I'm logged in as the
> administrator of the machine but I need it to work for users in the
> network environment here.  When I start CorelDraw using a normal user
> account, it displays a blank box.  Anyone else ever have this problem?

Yes, but on Win2K . . and getting it to work involves a whole basket of steps,
and even means that a 'user' may have some slightly elevated permissions.

In a nutshell, I believe your users need write access (Add + Modify) to the
Corel portions of the registry.  They also need a temp spot (swap) somewhere to
which they have Full Rights.

It may take a lot of experimentation, and I would suggest doing it on a
non-production machine (if possible).
--
ah

1. Corel Draw 9 and Windows XP

I have a number of small issues with Corel Draw 9 running under
Windows XP and would appreciate any advice regarding solving them.

1.  About 3 times a day Corel will simply crash and close.  The
Windows XP error message just says Application error in Coreldrw.exe

2.  The Corel version number shows in Help - About as version 9.337.
I cannot get the Service Pack 2 from the Corel FTP site to install.
Says I do not have the proper version of Corel for this service pack.

3.  Just today the application started losing the File entry from the
main menu bar.  The first item listed is Edit.  Using Tools - Options
- Configure - Menus and restoring the default settings for the main
menu restore it, but it will disappear again in a while.

Thanks in advance for any response.

Ron Martell     Duncan B.C.    Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

2. Help! - wglUseFontBitmaps causes an error!

3. Corel Draw 4 and Windows XP

4. network rendering software to que jobs on 1 Machine?

5. Corel Draw 9.0 Essentials & Windows XP Home

6. Spectral Graph of a wave

7. Corel Draw 8.0 and Windows XP

8. Corel Draw 9 and Windows XP

9. Corel draw 9 won't let me edit my saved file after Reboot

10. corel draw 10

11. Corel Draw 10 main menu gone