CorelXara add to font gallery problem.

Post by Tom » Wed, 26 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I am unable to add a directory to my CorelXara 1.5 font gallery. When I
point to the folder all I get is a warning message saying " The folder
C:\Windows\ttfonts does not have a font index." With the options: Cancel or
Help. How do I create the font index?

PS: The fonts that I am trying to add to the gallery are not part of my
installed system fonts. I want to add them to the gallery without adding
them to the system, like you can do with the fonts off the CorelXara
CD-ROM.
--
Tom
SPAM BLOCK: To e-mail, change the sw to se in my address.

CorelXara add to font gallery problem.

Post by David Matthewma » Wed, 26 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I am unable to add a directory to my CorelXara 1.5 font gallery. When I
> point to the folder all I get is a warning message saying " The folder
> C:\Windows\ttfonts does not have a font index." With the options: Cancel
or
> Help. How do I create the font index?

Ah. You can't, I'm afraid and yes, I realise that the tool bar could make
this clearer. Unfortunately, creating font thumbnails is hard to do
reliably, which is why CorelXARA itself cannot index an arbitrary
directory.

I've made a suggestion internally at Xara Ltd that we could look at
changing this.

--
David Matthewman
(I work for Xara Ltd but post for myself; consider me unofficially

1. All new gallery #16 of images (12) added March 9 1997

You are invited to my art site to view my latest works.
All new homepage, less cluter and less text.
http://repasky.vte.com

2d and 3d images done during Jan-Feb 1997
http://repasky.vte.com/thumbs16.htm

A new short story as well
http://repasky.vte.com/thegift.htm

If you have visited before, then you'll enjoy the new images.
If you have never visited my site, and you like art
please stop by, you'll not be disappointed.

Over 200 images of unique,original,digital art
over 50 stories,poems,quotes and much more.

Have a great day
Tom

Flicker Light Studio
Award winning unique, original Digital Art
Short stories and more
3 STAR Review in Magellan and Net Guide June 1996
Reviewed in The Net Oct. 1996

http://repasky.vte.com

2. Question

3. Announce: Free on line gallery - add your graphics!

4. Metareyes 3.12

5. Gallery Site --- A few new images added

6. touching and feeling 3D computer graphics

7. All new gallery #16 of images (12) added March 9 1997

8. Klein Bottle

9. New Gallery added

10. Gallery with K Krause images added.

11. Announce: Free on line gallery - add your graphics!

12. All new gallery #16 of images (12) added March 9 1997

13. 25 images added to gallery....