Corel Draw 9 and Windows XP

Post by Ron Martel » Mon, 28 Jul 2003 01:56:44

I have a number of small issues with Corel Draw 9 running under
Windows XP and would appreciate any advice regarding solving them.

1.  About 3 times a day Corel will simply crash and close.  The
Windows XP error message just says Application error in Coreldrw.exe

2.  The Corel version number shows in Help - About as version 9.337.
I cannot get the Service Pack 2 from the Corel FTP site to install.
Says I do not have the proper version of Corel for this service pack.

3.  Just today the application started losing the File entry from the
main menu bar.  The first item listed is Edit.  Using Tools - Options
- Configure - Menus and restoring the default settings for the main
menu restore it, but it will disappear again in a while.

Thanks in advance for any response.

Ron Martell     Duncan B.C.    Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

Corel Draw 9 and Windows XP

Post by ah » Mon, 28 Jul 2003 06:34:16

> I have a number of small issues with Corel Draw 9 running under
> Windows XP and would appreciate any advice regarding solving them.

> 1.  About 3 times a day Corel will simply crash and close.  The
> Windows XP error message just says Application error in Coreldrw.exe

> 2.  The Corel version number shows in Help - About as version 9.337.
> I cannot get the Service Pack 2 from the Corel FTP site to install.
> Says I do not have the proper version of Corel for this service pack.

This sounds like the Regional Setting dilemma with the installer . . . try
setting your TimeZone to +8000 GMT (or -8000 GMT . . . I can't remember which).

Quote:

> 3.  Just today the application started losing the File entry from the
> main menu bar.  The first item listed is Edit.  Using Tools - Options
> - Configure - Menus and restoring the default settings for the main
> menu restore it, but it will disappear again in a while.

> Thanks in advance for any response.

I have no thoughts on #s 1 and 3:  I don't have v.9 or XP, so . . . .
--
ah

Corel Draw 9 and Windows XP

Post by Torben Ansch » Tue, 29 Jul 2003 00:38:20

No matter wether you're using 9,10 or 11, get used to crashes.
I really like this software but it's definitely unstable.

Torben

Moege der Inhalt wichtiger sein als die Form

1. Corel Draw 4 and Windows XP

I've used this vintage suite of Corel applications for years. However, with
my new computer driven by Windows XP, I am unable to install any but the
basic Draw application. Worse, the file conversion utilities no longer
function. This must certainly be a Microsoft conspiracy! Is there anything
that can be done?

2. Network Rendering.

3. Corel Draw 8.0 and Windows XP

4. Multiple views on different computers.

5. Corel Draw 9 and Windows XP

6. The VIEW-Station Software Distribution

7. Corel Draw 9.0 Essentials & Windows XP Home

8. 3D engine HELP!!!

9. Corel Draw 8 and XP problem

10. XP and Ventura 8 and Corel Draw 8?

11. Parts of corel draw objects/graphic are disappears in Corel Draw 6.0

12. Corel Draw 8 vs. Corel Draw 9