Installation problems

Post by Billy Goodso » Thu, 08 May 2003 03:59:49

Hi folks -
    I've just re-installed Corel10 for about the 4th time today - and now
I'm at a point where the program won't open up when I click on my desktop
icon.
    I had to 'upgrade' from Corel7 and have been working with CDR10 it for
the last 9+ years. Now it's freakin' me out.
    At the end of the installation I get this little box that says: "The
setup wizard did not complete the installation successfully. You must re-run
this setup program again if you wish to run Corel (R) 10." So, I did - and
now can't do anything! Corel7 works - but I've got nothing made in 7 - so
that won't work out. Does anyone out there have the answer to the help that
I need? I use Corel for everything - and now, since it's down - so am I - !!
    Thanks a lot!
    Billy G.

Installation problems

Post by Hunter Elliot » Thu, 08 May 2003 05:52:41

Quote:> Hi folks -
>     I've just re-installed Corel10 for about the 4th time today - and now
> I'm at a point where the program won't open up when I click on my desktop
> icon.

what does it do? any errors?

Installation problems

Post by Michael D. Sulliva » Thu, 08 May 2003 15:28:32

On Tue, 06 May 2003 18:59:49 GMT, Billy  Goodson posted the following to
comp.graphics.apps.corel:

Quote:> Hi folks -
>     I've just re-installed Corel10 for about the 4th time today - and now
> I'm at a point where the program won't open up when I click on my desktop
> icon.
>     I had to 'upgrade' from Corel7 and have been working with CDR10 it for
> the last 9+ years. Now it's freakin' me out.
>     At the end of the installation I get this little box that says: "The
> setup wizard did not complete the installation successfully. You must re-run
> this setup program again if you wish to run Corel (R) 10." So, I did - and
> now can't do anything! Corel7 works - but I've got nothing made in 7 - so
> that won't work out. Does anyone out there have the answer to the help that
> I need? I use Corel for everything - and now, since it's down - so am I - !!

Uninstall and reinstall it, but first shut down *everything* else that
is running.  Ctrl-Alt-Delete to get task manager, and shut down
everything but Explorer and Taskbar.  Use the same procedure for
installing Corel's fixpacks.

For some idiotic reason, if you leave anything running, such as a virus
protection program, the Corel installer doesn't work right and uses
incorrect pathnames.

--
Michael D. Sullivan
Bethesda, MD, USA

1. POV-Ray installation problem

Thanks.

I have already tried this with both version 3.0 and version 3.02 but I
got
the same errors with both.

I'm running windows 95 (god forbid) on a Cyrix P120+ 6x86 with 24Mb of
RAM
and Winfast graphics card with an S3 virge chip set and 2Mb VRAM.

2. Keyboard

3. POV3.02 Installation Problem

4. *** QUARK PROBS... ***

5. Povlab installation problems

6. OpenGL Programming Job Availible

7. installation problems for povray 3.0

8. slow SoHandleBoxManipulator on VGX320

9. Help! Breeze installation problem

10. RAT installation - problem please help

11. MtoR for NT installation problems

12. BMRT installation problem

13. Installation problem/question