CorelDrw.exe has generated errors

Post by Pete » Thu, 08 May 2003 18:57:03

CorelDrw.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. An error
log is being created.

Help please, this is my job

Have reinstalled (5 times) and cleaned references from the registry file.
Have F8 on opening.
Have reinstalled win2k and updated OS from windows update
Have installed ATM
Have run out of ideas.

TIA

CorelDrw.exe has generated errors

Post by Hunter Elliot » Thu, 08 May 2003 22:36:40

Quote:> CorelDrw.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. An error
> log is being created.

> Help please, this is my job

> Have reinstalled (5 times) and cleaned references from the registry file.
> Have F8 on opening.
> Have reinstalled win2k and updated OS from windows update
> Have installed ATM
> Have run out of ideas.

By "reinstalling win2k", I hope you wiped your hard drive and reinstalled
everything from scratch - otherwise, just installing over the top won't
really fix anything.

Why install ATM? ATM is not needed with Win2K and above as it handles T1
fonts natively.

Have you tried holding down the F8 key while launching Draw until it asks
you to load factory defaults?

CorelDrw.exe has generated errors

Post by Pete » Thu, 08 May 2003 23:16:07

Thanks guys.

Yeah, I did F8 it, also I installed ATM in case it was a font problem. But
meanwhile my pccillin didnt stop a worm virus"worm_sddrop.a" from infecting
87 files. I guess I will now have to wipe my c drive and hopefully that will
cure it.

Thanks for coming back.
Pete