Corel SAVE problem

Post by markgez » Tue, 11 Mar 2003 21:48:55

Hi,

we have a strange error in CorelDraw. While making a moderately
complicated poster at some point when we want to save it the
save operation interrupts at 69% and after some seconds a
small window is displayed with the message "Command Failed".
From this point on the CorelDraw is practically dead.
One can not even close it because it announces that
"Cannot close while document is busy".

We have tried to modify all kinds of parameters without any success.

The strangest thing is that the error is reproduced exactly the same
way on four different machines with Win98SE, WinXP and
using CorelDraw versions 8, 9, and 10.

What can I do?

Thank you, Geza I. Mark (Budapest, Hungary)

Corel SAVE problem

Post by Hunter Elliot » Tue, 11 Mar 2003 23:21:36

Quote:> Hi,

> we have a strange error in CorelDraw. While making a moderately
> complicated poster at some point when we want to save it the
> save operation interrupts at 69% and after some seconds a
> small window is displayed with the message "Command Failed".
> From this point on the CorelDraw is practically dead.
> One can not even close it because it announces that
> "Cannot close while document is busy".

are you saving to a local drive or to a network drive?

Corel SAVE problem

Post by Géza Már » Wed, 12 Mar 2003 16:51:59

Quote:

>are you saving to a local drive or to a network drive?

>To a local drive. Why?

1. Problem with saving in Corel 10

I don't know if it's just with my computer, but I get a quite annoying
message when I try to do a simple "save" (not "save as"), that tells me:
"Error writing C:\...cdr file.". I can only get over this problem by going
to File>Save As and overwriting the same file.

Does anybody have the same problem, and please can somebody tell me what is
wrong, and how to overcome this annoying problem.

Thanks

2. hi!!!

3. Help with saving in Corel 8 to Corel 5 format

4. Display date and time

5. Corel 7.0 Corel Paint Problem

6. Shading

7. Problem using Corel Capture in Corel 7, help

8. Save Images & Save Alpha problems

9. Corel draw 9 won't let me edit my saved file after Reboot

10. Saving files in Corel Motion 3D

11. Corel 9 Saving Workspace