CorelDraw 7 - HPGL filter?

Post by D.S. Dunba » Thu, 17 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I recently purchased CorelDraw Select Edition after having had CorelDraw 5.
I've often used the HPGL import filter with vs. 5 and the Help files say
that vs. 7 has it toobut it doesn't.  Does anyone know if a filter is
available from somewhere, or if I can use the one from vs. 5?  I've checked
Corel's website w/o any luck.  Thanks.

CorelDraw 7 - HPGL filter?

Post by Alex Gra » Fri, 18 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Draw 7 does have HPGL filter, but it may not be installed by default unless
you select it in setup. And even if installed, it may not have been set as
active.

First to make it active it is installed

1. Click the File Types button (found in Import, Export, Save, and Save As
dialog boxes).
2. Choose the correct category and filter from the Available File Types box.
3. Click the Add button.

If it wasn't in the list of available filters, re-run setup.
(Maybe it isn't present in the Select Edition, but I think it is).

I don't think you can run the 16-bit filter software from v5 wit v7.

Alex Gray
Corel User magazine
www.coreluser.com

>I recently purchased CorelDraw Select Edition after having had CorelDraw 5.
>I've often used the HPGL import filter with vs. 5 and the Help files say
>that vs. 7 has it toobut it doesn't.  Does anyone know if a filter is
>available from somewhere, or if I can use the one from vs. 5?

CorelDraw 7 - HPGL filter?

Post by D.S. Dunba » Sat, 19 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Here is the answer to my own question.  I called Corel service and was
notified that a number of filters were stripped out of the Select edition of
Corel Draw, including the HPGL filter.  There is no facility for adding it
in later.  Needless to say, I am not very happy.

>I recently purchased CorelDraw Select Edition after having had CorelDraw 5.
>I've often used the HPGL import filter with vs. 5 and the Help files say
>that vs. 7 has it toobut it doesn't.  Does anyone know if a filter is
>available from somewhere, or if I can use the one from vs. 5?  I've checked
>Corel's website w/o any luck.  Thanks.

CorelDraw 7 - HPGL filter?

Post by Grffix » Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:00:00

When your installing Corel 7, add the filter there. Its on the Corel CD

1. CorelDraw's CGM and HPGL export filters

I have a very specific problem with the export filters in CorelDraw
4.0B.  I'm writing a program that reads vector graphics files (for my
research), so I'm exporting CorelDraw files as both HPGL and CGM files
for use by my program.

Here's the catch--CorelDraw exports arcs and circles not as arcs or
circles, but as polylines and polygons.  For example, when exporting a
circle to a CGM file, CorelDraw doesn't use the CGM circle command,
but writes the command for a N-sided polygon (where N is some large
number > 50).  This makes the resulting file much harder to read in,
since I have to read in the polylines, figure out that it is a circle,
and the compute the parameters from that.  It also makes reading the
exported file in much slower (since there are so many more graphical
elements in the file).

Has anyone else run into this bug?  Is it fixed in one of the later
versions of CorelDraw?  I called technical support, but all they could
do was mention some possible "bug fixes" in the filters, and send me
the upgrade patches for version 4.0C (i.e they didn't know if this
specific problem has been fixed in the upgrade).

I'd appreciate any help anyone could offer on this.

  -Ron

  Ron Ferguson          | Qualitative Reasoning Group

  (708) 491-4790        | Northwestern University
                        | 1890 Maple Ave
                        | Evanston, IL 60202

2. Problems with LenzFX2 with Inferno

3. FILTERS FILTERS FILTERS FILTERS FILTERS FILTERS

4. Applescripting an action to happen.

5. UNIX Realtime PS to HPGL Filter?

6. Interactive Volume Rendering ?

7. HPGL to postscript filter for unix env.

8. Help! Thanks

9. Calcomp to HPGL plotter filter needed.

10. Looking for cgm to tek4010 and HPGL to tek4010 filters

11. Filter for hpgl -> PMP (IBM 3812) wanted

12. hpgl to postscript filter

13. More patches for the HPGL to PostScript filter