I Need Designs For My Vinyl Cutter

Post by The Land Downunde » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 01:30:27

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know where I can get Designs in .eps or .ai, I'm particularly
interested in rock band designs and logos.

Thanks

Wayne

I Need Designs For My Vinyl Cutter

Post by n8 sko » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 04:27:01

The majority of what your looking for is going to be copyrighted though...
If on the other hand you want 'original' custom graphics created for your
project, drop me a line.

n8

Quote:> Hello Everyone,

> Does anyone know where I can get Designs in .eps or .ai, I'm particularly
> interested in rock band designs and logos.

> Thanks

> Wayne

I Need Designs For My Vinyl Cutter

Post by stegg » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 06:22:07

Hhahahahahahaha me too.

steg

> The majority of what your looking for is going to be copyrighted though...
> If on the other hand you want 'original' custom graphics created for your
> project, drop me a line.

> n8

> > Hello Everyone,

> > Does anyone know where I can get Designs in .eps or .ai, I'm particularly
> > interested in rock band designs and logos.

> > Thanks

> > Wayne

I Need Designs For My Vinyl Cutter

Post by Bobby Henderso » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 07:51:33

Quote:> Hello Everyone,

> Does anyone know where I can get Designs in .eps or .ai, I'm particularly
> interested in rock band designs and logos.

I would strongly advise that you DON'T sell vinyl logos of rock bands to
customers, much less anything else trademarked or copyrighted.  Any sign
shop has assets that can/will be taken away and liquidated in a
copyright/trademark infringement suit.  It would be a hell of a bad thing if
you have a $100,000 crane truck lost just because you cut some Incubus logos
out in vinyl for some *age kids.

I work at a large sign manufacturing company for my day job.  The only rock
band logos we ever agree to produce are ones for local bands that pay us to
do the work. In those cases, the bands order everything from
application-ready vinyl and banners to big neon or chase-light loaded signs
to mount behind their drum risers.

I would also caution about selling to the non-business related individuals
marketplace (such as kids who want logos/designs on their windows).  It is
usually best sticking with some standard "no changes allowed" designs and
charging a flat fee for them.  Often when individuals want custom work, they
want to take way too much time talking about the project, make too many
changes and then don't want to pay the cost for all the design time.  If
someone knows up front they'll be charged $50-$100 for a simple scan and
$50-$100 per hour for logo creation, vectorization, clean-up they'll make
decisions quickly.

Bobby Henderson

I Need Designs For My Vinyl Cutter

Post by P » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 13:51:18

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 02:30:27 +1000, "The Land Downunder"

>Hello Everyone,

>Does anyone know where I can get Designs in .eps or .ai, I'm particularly
>interested in rock band designs and logos.

>Thanks

>Wayne

Repligator outputs .ps (postscript) vector files for some of its
effects.

All the images created are copyright free.

See the demo at http://www.ransen.com/

--
http://www.ransen.com/
Repligator - Easy graphics effects

I Need Designs For My Vinyl Cutter

Post by jazzweas » Mon, 21 Jul 2003 09:05:36

I am the art director for a sign company.
Amen to what Bobby said!

I Need Designs For My Vinyl Cutter

Post by dee » Mon, 21 Jul 2003 10:35:30

I was going to paint a picture of the US Centennial of Flight Commission's
logo on a board for a 4th of July float. The theme being "Century of
Flight". for "AmVets".
I was told this might be a copyright infringement so I used a simple
biplane.
The Commission was designed to help celebrate a century of flight, that's
what we wanted to do.
Would this have been a copyright infringement?
I mean if our theme had been "Give to the United Way", we would have used a
United Way logo.
Would that have been wrong also?  It's all so gray!
I thought logos were designed to bee seen. How do you do this correctly.

Dee

Quote:> I am the art director for a sign company.
> Amen to what Bobby said!

I Need Designs For My Vinyl Cutter

Post by JunkMonke » Mon, 21 Jul 2003 10:41:05

Generally, all you have to do is write and get permission.  They copyright
this stuff to be able to keep it from being used in a way they consider
inappropriate.  You really do need to get permission.

> I was going to paint a picture of the US Centennial of Flight Commission's
> logo on a board for a 4th of July float. The theme being "Century of
> Flight". for "AmVets".
> I was told this might be a copyright infringement so I used a simple
> biplane.
> The Commission was designed to help celebrate a century of flight, that's
> what we wanted to do.
> Would this have been a copyright infringement?
> I mean if our theme had been "Give to the United Way", we would have used
> United Way logo.
> Would that have been wrong also?  It's all so gray!
> I thought logos were designed to bee seen. How do you do this correctly.

> Dee

> > I am the art director for a sign company.
> > Amen to what Bobby said!

I Need Designs For My Vinyl Cutter

Post by Bobby Henderso » Tue, 22 Jul 2003 06:08:00

Quote:> I thought logos were designed to bee seen.
> How do you do this correctly.

The main thing is the context in which the logos are used.  If you are
directly promoting a product and using its logo in the promotion then it
would be legal.  However, you must follow the rules on how the logo should
be used (sizing, white space/clear space limits, color specs, etc.).  You
also need the official vector art.  Most companies are happy to provide
authentic vector logos to keep people from making substandard knock-offs and
maintain consistency in their corporate identity program.

The area where corporations will prosecute with great severity involves
unauthorized logo use for profit.  For instance, if you decide to get some
Nike brand tee-shirts screen printed, sell them at the local flea market and
then pocket all the money, then Nike's attorneys would have every reason to
file charges against you  ...well, that is of course if you are American.
If you run a giant clothing piracy operation in China our dopey politicians
are more than happy to look the other way.

Bobby Henderson

1. Need address of Roland digital (vinyl cutter)

Does any one know the address of a company named Roland digital.
This company makes a printer or plotter I,m not sure which. The
(printer-plotter) cuts self sticking colored vinyl.

                           OR

Does any one know of any company that sells a vinyl cutting device?
I would like to use graphics from a CAD (computor aided drafting)
system to cut vinyl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Greg Hartleroad                                .                    Flying                                               .
                                       ._______|_______.

                                             o/ \o
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. REQ: RGB to PBM converter

3. Mimaki vinyl cutter repair - Detroit area?

4. HELP: Illustrator files to PDF format

5. Vinyl graphics cutters

6. CONVEX HULL

7. looking for VINYL CUTTER!

8. 3D polygon clipping

9. New GRAPHICS Equipment Info. -- Vinyl Cutters, Laser Engravers

10. Help - vinyl sign cutters

11. Using PSP with a Roland Stika vinyl cutter

12. Driving a Vinyl Cutter

13. needed: line interval cutter