How do I draw this object?

Post by Stephen » Mon, 09 Jun 2003 19:48:56

I'm designing a template for use when creating stick-on labels for CDs.  I
can draw circles in the right place on the page to let me know where the CD
is, but when I add an image and resize it etc., it displays out of the
circular area which is just off-putting.

I want to be able to draw a square with a circular cut-out, so that the
image in the circle is visible, and out of the circle it is not visible,
effectively behind the square.

Can you help?

Thanks,
Steve :)

How do I draw this object?

Post by Hunter Elliot » Mon, 09 Jun 2003 22:08:45

> I'm designing a template for use when creating stick-on labels for CDs.  I
> can draw circles in the right place on the page to let me know where the
CD
> is, but when I add an image and resize it etc., it displays out of the
> circular area which is just off-putting.

> I want to be able to draw a square with a circular cut-out, so that the
> image in the circle is visible, and out of the circle it is not visible,
> effectively behind the square.

put it on a separate layer and make it non printable/editable.... or why not
just use many of the ready-made  templates from the various label companies?

How do I draw this object?

Post by Adhesive Label » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 08:58:27

You can use power clip to place the image inside the circle.
You can also place your circle templates on the guidelines layer
by using layer manager or alternatively use the other suggestion.

> I'm designing a template for use when creating stick-on labels for CDs.  I
> can draw circles in the right place on the page to let me know where the
CD
> is, but when I add an image and resize it etc., it displays out of the
> circular area which is just off-putting.

> I want to be able to draw a square with a circular cut-out, so that the
> image in the circle is visible, and out of the circle it is not visible,
> effectively behind the square.

> Can you help?

> Thanks,
> Steve :)

1. put drawing object inside another drawing object

Hi everyone,

this maybe a stupid question to ask but i don't know how
to search for it or where to find out.
how do you put drawing object inside another drawing
object at both design and run time? ie... i want to put
an image box inside a picture box instead of on its form.

appreicated any help,

--Tai Huynh

2. multitexturing

3. It's done, done, done!

4. Size of letters on website

5. Parts of corel draw objects/graphic are disappears in Corel Draw 6.0

6. Free issue: Virtual Reality Monthly

7. Doing mouse drag on 3d objects accurately

8. objects into draw - how?

9. Object-Oriented SunOS Drawing Programs??

10. drawing connections between objects