fading controls in/out

Post by Mike Roundin » Wed, 12 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I bet this has been asked but I haven't been able to find a solution
yet.  :)

I would like to be able to fade controls in or out (like the behavior in
windows 2000 menus). Is there any way to do this sort of thing?  I
haven't been able to discover any sort of "control alpha channel" or
anything.  :)

Please email me if you have any suggestions as I don't read newsgroups
too reliably...  Thanks!

fading controls in/out

Post by Mike D Sutto » Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi,

> I bet this has been asked but I haven't been able to find a solution
> yet.  :)

> I would like to be able to fade controls in or out (like the behavior in
> windows 2000 menus). Is there any way to do this sort of thing?  I
> haven't been able to discover any sort of "control alpha channel" or
> anything.  :)

> Please email me if you have any suggestions as I don't read newsgroups
> too reliably...  Thanks!

It's possible but not easy.  You need to blit an image of the control to a
virtual DC, then blit the area of background that it will cover to a second
virtual DC.  You then use linear interpolation (Or cosine, but it will be
slower) to make 'tweened' versions between the two virtual DC.  You'd do
this a number of times to create the fade in/out effect.  You best bet would
be to use DIB's for the drawing as they'd be the only thing to give you any
kind of reasonable performance, drawing individual pixels would take
forever.
Hope this helps,

    Mike

fading controls in/out

Post by Mujtab » Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi.

you can use ANIMATEWINDOWS windows api (win98/2000 only) to create alpha
blending windows animation or slide effect. its duration is also
controllable.

Mujtaba

Quote:> Hi,

> I bet this has been asked but I haven't been able to find a solution
> yet.  :)

> I would like to be able to fade controls in or out (like the behavior in
> windows 2000 menus). Is there any way to do this sort of thing?  I
> haven't been able to discover any sort of "control alpha channel" or
> anything.  :)

> Please email me if you have any suggestions as I don't read newsgroups
> too reliably...  Thanks!

fading controls in/out

Post by leco » Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:00:00

You can use AnimateWindow function,but it's only available in WIN98&WIN2K.

1. alpha-blend / fade-in controls?

Anyone know of any controls or sample code that would illustrate how take
two images (image or picture control) that are the same size, one on top of
the other, and fade from one image to the other.  Seems like it should be
straight forward, however I've scoured the net and haven't found much.  The
only control I've found so far (can't remember the name) required me to load
the images from a file at runtime!  Not very efficient.

Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated.

And by the way, I know nothing regarding graphics and VB.

-jef

2. XFree 3.3.6 config file for revolution 4 and 1600 sw

3. Fade-n Fade-out functions for moviemaker?

4. Slime...

5. Fade in and fade out a web image

6. Texture making

7. Screen Fade in & Fade out

8. Version 3.6 and Visual C++

9. FADE IN & FADE OUT

10. Fade In & Fade Out

11. Fade-in / fade-out

12. Source for fade-in/fade-out program?

13. Fade in and Fade Out in Direct3D