ListView Header skin

Post by Stefano Bald » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 20:19:22

I'm trying to skin listview header
With custom draw i draw my own header using Fillrect and drawing text on it
But i can't fill the part of the header between last column and right edge
of listview
I can't autosize last column to fit all the space because it slows resize
Any idea?

ListView Header skin

Post by Mike D Sutto » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 21:05:24

Quote:> I'm trying to skin listview header
> With custom draw i draw my own header using Fillrect and drawing text on
it
> But i can't fill the part of the header between last column and right edge
> of listview
> I can't autosize last column to fit all the space because it slows resize
> Any idea?

Have a look over on Http://www.vbaccelerator.com/ where you'll find lots of
examples of userdrawn controls.
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -

WWW: Http://www.mvps.org/EDais/

ListView Header skin

Post by Stefano Bald » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 21:35:54

I already tried also with user drawn header and have same problem
on WM_DRAWITEM i draw my header item and rightmost part between last col and
listview right edge
The problem is rightmost part is not an item and is overwritten by listview
If i try to resize last col i see it colored but as i left the divider
become standard

> > I'm trying to skin listview header
> > With custom draw i draw my own header using Fillrect and drawing text on
> it
> > But i can't fill the part of the header between last column and right
edge
> > of listview
> > I can't autosize last column to fit all the space because it slows
resize
> > Any idea?

> Have a look over on Http://www.vbaccelerator.com/ where you'll find lots
of
> examples of userdrawn controls.
> Hope this helps,

>     Mike

>  - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -

> WWW: Http://www.mvps.org/EDais/

1. Owner Drawn Listview Header Weirdness....

I've got a really funky thing happening.  I'm "skinning" the header of a
listview control.  I set the HDF_OWNERDRAW format property of each header
item and then sub-class the WM_DRAWITEM message.  I use BitBlt to paint the
"skin" image on the header.  It works just as I want....however....here's
the weird part (I'll try to explain it as best as I can but I'm sure it will
sound funky.)  If I have another window open (any window..doesn't matter),
and I drag the window over the header of the listview that I'm "skinning",
the titlebar image of the window I'm dragging gets painted onto the header
of the listview.  It's really weird.  As I move the window up and down, the
image on the listview header moves up and down.  I'm running Windows XP
Professional.  Not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Anyone have any ideas?

-jef

2. Leveller 0.994 available

3. BitMaps in ListView Header

4. Code for Rollercoaster?

5. ListView Header Control Owner Draw

6. IMPACT and Lightwave 5.0

7. ListView headers

8. Lee Stranahan's Problem With NewTek

9. WMF Header Scale ratio vs Aldus Header

10. Series Header from column header

11. WMF Header Scale ratio vs Aldus Header

12. ALIEN SKIN OR SNAKE SKIN...