Thanks "Rob" - More info - .gif stops VB dead. VB slide show

Thanks "Rob" - More info - .gif stops VB dead. VB slide show

Post by Linux L drive » Sun, 22 Apr 2001 22:09:03

Well it turns out that it never comes back from the  LoadPictue(...) even
with "Break on all...".
The  .gif in question seems incomplete in IE5 and when I attempt to open it
using MS Paint I get a blank square. With MS Phtot Editor I just get a
msgbox "Error reading file".
MS Draw reports "It may be damaged".
Obviously these .gif came from the internet so I need to "?Force?" VB's
LoadPicture to at least return so I can ignore this file and carry on. Can
anyone help me with this please???
TIA
--

Ian Turnbull
0961 931941

Web  : www.turnbui.freeserve.co.uk

Thanks "Rob" - More info - .gif stops VB dead. VB slide show

Post by Rocky Clar » Mon, 23 Apr 2001 06:06:00

Start a timer and see if it fires when the picture is locked. If so, maybe
you could just use Set Picture1.Picture = LoadPicture() to free the
PictureBox.

Just a  guess,

Rocky Clark