Exporting EPS Format Graphics

Post by Charlie Woodi » Wed, 14 Mar 2001 03:35:13

I'm familiar with using the API to create metafile format graphics files
of the custom plots (graphs) in my Visual Basic application. Is there
any similar way to export them as Encapsulated Postscript (EPS) files?
Or, does anyone know of a third party control that would transparently
make the conversion?

Thanks for any help

Exporting EPS Format Graphics

Post by Mike D Sutto » Wed, 14 Mar 2001 20:49:40

Quote:> I'm familiar with using the API to create metafile format graphics files
> of the custom plots (graphs) in my Visual Basic application. Is there
> any similar way to export them as Encapsulated Postscript (EPS) files?
> Or, does anyone know of a third party control that would transparently
> make the conversion?

Have a look for the format specification over on Http://www.wotsit.org/ to
see if there's anything there.  There could be some kind of SDK about
though, I'm not sure which company actually owns the EPS format though, but
hit a few search engines and you'll find out pretty soon I'd imagine.
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

WWW: Http://Members.xoom.com/EDais/

Exporting EPS Format Graphics

Post by Jim Deutc » Thu, 15 Mar 2001 00:11:13

For EPS you want GhostScript, a freeware program that does everything
PostScript and more (pdf, ascii, and other conversions).  Try

www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/

Jim Deutch
MS  Dev MVP

Quote:> I'm familiar with using the API to create metafile format graphics files
> of the custom plots (graphs) in my Visual Basic application. Is there
> any similar way to export them as Encapsulated Postscript (EPS) files?
> Or, does anyone know of a third party control that would transparently
> make the conversion?

> Thanks for any help

Exporting EPS Format Graphics

Post by Charlie Woodi » Thu, 15 Mar 2001 05:27:23

Thanks for the input Jim. I have heard of GhostScript but I thought it was a
standalone program. I'm looking for something I can either integrate into my
VB App or that I can automate from VB. Is GhostScript either of those? I'll
check out the site you mentioned. Maybe the answers to those questions are
there.

Thanks again
Charlie Woodin

> For EPS you want GhostScript, a freeware program that does everything
> PostScript and more (pdf, ascii, and other conversions).  Try

> www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/

> Jim Deutch
> MS  Dev MVP

> > I'm familiar with using the API to create metafile format graphics files
> > of the custom plots (graphs) in my Visual Basic application. Is there
> > any similar way to export them as Encapsulated Postscript (EPS) files?
> > Or, does anyone know of a third party control that would transparently
> > make the conversion?

> > Thanks for any help

Exporting EPS Format Graphics

Post by Charlie Woodi » Thu, 15 Mar 2001 05:30:23

I'll check out the site. Someone also recommended GhostScript so I'll look at
that too. Did Adobe originally develop the EPS format?

Thanks for the reply,
Charlie

> > I'm familiar with using the API to create metafile format graphics files
> > of the custom plots (graphs) in my Visual Basic application. Is there
> > any similar way to export them as Encapsulated Postscript (EPS) files?
> > Or, does anyone know of a third party control that would transparently
> > make the conversion?

> Have a look for the format specification over on Http://www.wotsit.org/ to
> see if there's anything there.  There could be some kind of SDK about
> though, I'm not sure which company actually owns the EPS format though, but
> hit a few search engines and you'll find out pretty soon I'd imagine.
> Hope this helps,

>     Mike

>  -- EDais --

> WWW: Http://Members.xoom.com/EDais/

Exporting EPS Format Graphics

Post by Jim Deutc » Fri, 16 Mar 2001 03:06:14

It accepts *lots* of command-line parameters, including "run the code in
this PostScript file" (PS is virtually a programming language)  so you can
get it to do just about anything, if you're clever enough.  Many, many
examples come with the package.

Jim Deutch
MS Dev MVP

> Thanks for the input Jim. I have heard of GhostScript but I thought it was
> standalone program. I'm looking for something I can either integrate into
my
> VB App or that I can automate from VB. Is GhostScript either of those?
I'll
> check out the site you mentioned. Maybe the answers to those questions are
> there.

> Thanks again
> Charlie Woodin

> > For EPS you want GhostScript, a freeware program that does everything
> > PostScript and more (pdf, ascii, and other conversions).  Try

> > www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/

> > Jim Deutch
> > MS  Dev MVP

> > > I'm familiar with using the API to create metafile format graphics
files
> > > of the custom plots (graphs) in my Visual Basic application. Is there
> > > any similar way to export them as Encapsulated Postscript (EPS) files?
> > > Or, does anyone know of a third party control that would transparently
> > > make the conversion?

> > > Thanks for any help

Exporting EPS Format Graphics

Post by Charlie Woodi » Fri, 16 Mar 2001 05:14:51

Thanks for the help Jim. I downloaded GhostScript yesterday and will plunge into
it soon!

> It accepts *lots* of command-line parameters, including "run the code in
> this PostScript file" (PS is virtually a programming language)  so you can
> get it to do just about anything, if you're clever enough.  Many, many
> examples come with the package.

> Jim Deutch
> MS Dev MVP

> > Thanks for the input Jim. I have heard of GhostScript but I thought it was
> > standalone program. I'm looking for something I can either integrate into
> my
> > VB App or that I can automate from VB. Is GhostScript either of those?
> I'll
> > check out the site you mentioned. Maybe the answers to those questions are
> > there.

> > Thanks again
> > Charlie Woodin

> > > For EPS you want GhostScript, a freeware program that does everything
> > > PostScript and more (pdf, ascii, and other conversions).  Try

> > > www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/

> > > Jim Deutch
> > > MS  Dev MVP

> files

1. Export to ai or eps format problem

I am having a hard time trying to export or save as to eps and/or ai
format. I am using CorelDRAW 7.0, and have a P100. The problem I am having,
is that when I export or save as in these formats, I have problems with:

-maintaining PMS (spot) colors
-imported tifs or bitmaps either don't appear, or become linked objects and
are converted to eps format, but they don't show up when I open it in
Illustrator. I only have the demo version, so I can't re place the images.
In ai format, I retain the colors ok, but the placed images beome seperate
files that don't show up (but there are boxes for them) In eps format, the
placed images show up ok, but the colors don't stay as PMS, they switch to
CMYK.

Please Help!!!!

I'm looking for a way to save these files in ai or eps format and have the
placed images embeded instead of linked, which doesn't seem to work
properly, and to maintain spot color integrity. The problem arose when I
had placed bitmaps. If i have a file that was totally created in Corel,
saving in ai format seems to work ok (the spot colos stay) It's the placed
files I'm having trouble with. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Please reply to the newsgroup. THANKS!!!!

Kelley Cantonwine

2. FlyerClip Hell Help!!

3. Exporting EPS Graphics Without Backgrounds?????

4. Desperately seeking CADMOVER (by KANDU)

5. Exporting eps graphics files from Pagemaker

6. Borland Power Pack

7. Latex says ( unknown graphics format jpg,eps, etc).

8. help. about onprogress and untidy image loading.

9. EPS to Graphics Format Converter

10. FREEHAND - Importing EPS format graphics

11. Which Format for PS Graphics - EPS or TIF?

12. .PNG format graphics export

13. Exporting PM file to graphics format?