Preparing an eMail message

Post by Jack » Mon, 04 Sep 2000 04:51:11

Hi,

I'm using VB5 and I want to be able to prepare an eMail message, so that
the user will only have to press the Send button.

For now I can start the default eMail program with a new empty message
and my eMail address already there with the following code:

----------------------------
Private Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "Shell32.DLL" Alias
"ShellExecuteA" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal lpOperation As String, ByVal
lpFile As String, ByVal lpParameters As String, ByVal lpDirectory As
String, ByVal nShowCmd As Long) As Long

vbNullString, vbNullString, vbNormalFocus)
----------------------------

But I want to add a title, a body text and possibly an attach file to
this message.  This have to work with Netscape and Explorer.  Is it
possible and how can I do that?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Jack

Preparing an eMail message

Post by Mike D Sutto » Mon, 04 Sep 2000 07:59:56

Quote:> I'm using VB5 and I want to be able to prepare an eMail message, so that
> the user will only have to press the Send button.

Why not try automating outlook, and just use that to do your e-mail.
If it sounds any good then this tutorial will get you started:
http://www.vb-world.net/articles/outlook/
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

WWW: Http://Members.xoom.com/EDais/

Preparing an eMail message

Post by Khelo » Wed, 06 Sep 2000 19:27:38

Excuse the garbled mess at the bottom, it is code...

"?subject=Hello&body=testing" is what you need (less the double quotes)

I tried attachment, attach and file for the last one but couldn't get
the file in :(

2 out of 3 isn't bad tho

GL

Paul

Private Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "Shell32.DLL"
Alias "ShellExecuteA" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal lpOperation As String,
ByVal lpFile As String, ByVal lpParameters As String, ByVal lpDirectory
As String, ByVal nShowCmd As Long) As Long

subject=Hello&body=testing", vbNullString, vbNullString, vbNormalFocus)

> Hi,

> I'm using VB5 and I want to be able to prepare an eMail message, so
that
> the user will only have to press the Send button.

> For now I can start the default eMail program with a new empty message
> and my eMail address already there with the following code:

> ----------------------------
> Private Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "Shell32.DLL" Alias
> "ShellExecuteA" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal lpOperation As String,
ByVal
> lpFile As String, ByVal lpParameters As String, ByVal lpDirectory As
> String, ByVal nShowCmd As Long) As Long

> vbNullString, vbNullString, vbNormalFocus)
> ----------------------------

> But I want to add a title, a body text and possibly an attach file to
> this message.  This have to work with Netscape and Explorer.  Is it
> possible and how can I do that?

> Thanks a lot for your answers.

> Jack

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Animated Gif in an email message

I'd like to place a gif so that it is active when the recient opens their
email.
Can someone please tell me how this is done.

Patricia Grant
NCR Canada Ltd.
Canadian Proposal & Graphic Design Centre (CP&GDC)
Supporting the TSG & FSG Divisions

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

2. FREE Softimage Sneak Preview of Version 3.8 & Sumatra -NYC 7/8

3. Look at this error message - error message copy.jpg (0/1)

4. I need a second hand PAR/PVR (pal)

5. What is this error message - error message.jpg (0/1)

6. single instance of psp6 when opening multiple files?

7. Message for Hazza Denholm - message.zip [1/1]

8. Timage

9. Harry Denholm - Message for you - message.zip [1/1]

10. Preparing Screenshots for Print

11. How to prepare images for the WWW (re-posted)