Mdi forms and control box

Post by Martin Da Silv » Wed, 02 Apr 2003 23:19:02

Hi, I have a lot of forms inside one mdi form, these forms does't  have the
control box on it, my problem is when I wont to re order them in "cascade"
or something else, they don't move because they don't have the control box.
can help me?. thanks a lot.

PD:Sorry for my inglish. Thanks Martin

Mdi forms and control box

Post by Mike D Sutto » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 01:20:12

Quote:> Hi, I have a lot of forms inside one mdi form, these forms does't  have
> the
> control box on it, my problem is when I wont to re order them in "cascade"
> or something else, they don't move because they don't have the control
> box.
> can help me?.

You'll most likely have to move then manually either by using the
SetWindowPos() API call, or through their Move() methods.
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

 - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -
WWW: Http://www20.brinkster.com/EDais/

1. Sizing picture box in a MDI form Question.

Hello,
I wanted to create an information box in a MDI form that acted like VB5's
Project Explorer.  I used a Picture Box named picDockArea. I aligned it to
the right.  I add a second Picture box, name picSeperator.  With the drag
property set on manual, I used the drag method to move the picSeperator
picture box left and right.  When picSeperator is dropped the width of
picDockArea is updated.

The only problem is I can't figure out how to prevent the drag method from
moving the picSeperator vertically.  It's only a cosmetic problem.
However, If anyone know another way to do this or a way to confine the drag
method to horizontal movement only I would be grateful.

Sincerely,

Chad Ward

2. Is there a book that really explains channels ?

3. MDI Form, ZOrder of Componets vrs MDIchild forms

4. GUI useability consultant in Bay Area

5. sending the output of a Timer control to a edit box control

6. Help! What's wrong with my UV's?

7. MDI children controls

8. Mdi Form in full screen

9. How to refresh/repaint a MDI form in VB

10. Placing a picture on an MDI form

11. Invisible MDI Child Forms

12. KeyPress events for MDI form