Rotate Image

Post by Pablo Ricc » Mon, 21 Apr 2003 17:44:14

how to rotate an image with API....
....is possible?
I think that using SetPixel and GetPixel function I can do this.......but is
slow...
thanks
Pablo

Rotate Image

Post by Mike D Sutto » Mon, 21 Apr 2003 18:26:43

Quote:> how to rotate an image with API....
> ....is possible?
> I think that using SetPixel and GetPixel function I can do this.......but
> is
> slow...

You may want to have a look at the Coordinate Spaces and Transformations
MSDN article here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/gdi/cordspac_0inn.asp
It's written in C++, but not too tricky to port to VB - If you need the
translation then let me know.
If you want to support OS' that don't support these transformation methods
then you're going to have to write the zoom/rotate code yourself which is no
easy task.  Do a search on Google groups for Bitmap rotation code, it's been
posted on here a few times before.  Finally if speed is an issue then you
may want to use DirectX for this
instead, then just map your image onto a 4-vertex quad and adjust your
world/view transform matrices to accomplish the rotation.
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

 - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -
WWW: Http://www20.brinkster.com/EDais/

Rotate Image

Post by Schmid » Tue, 22 Apr 2003 17:49:16

> how to rotate an image with API....
> ....is possible?
> I think that using SetPixel and GetPixel function I can do this.......but
> is slow...

Here's a fast VB-Rotate.

http://groups.google.de/groups?q=newh+rotate+sss+grafik+-google

Olaf

1. rotating image on screen

Does anyone know any way to rotate a standard SVGA image on a monitor 90
degrees via software?  I want to have a portrait display, but portrait
monitors are difficult to find and expensive.  Is there any way via software
to rotate the entire screen?  Please reply via e-mail.  Thanks in advance.

________________
Paul McCudden
Los Angeles, CA

________________

2. display/convert PCL5c

3. Help with Rotating Images

4. HELP: Printing graphics on barcode printer

5. Any tool for rotating images ?

6. ActorX in lw75?

7. Rotating Images by 90 degrees

8. Houston LW users

9. Rotate image less than 90 degrees?

10. Crash when resizing and rotating images

11. NewbQ: Rotating image 90 degrees changes shape

12. Jagged Edges From Rotating Image...

13. Can't rotate images in PS 6.0