How do you make a Screen Saver the Active One via Code?

How do you make a Screen Saver the Active One via Code?

Post by Dave Lewins » Sun, 19 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

Does anyone know how to make any particular .scr in the Windows
directory the active one (in the Screen Saver combo box) in the
Display Properties Dialog using VB5 (and I assume API calls) ???

Thank you so much in advance,
Dave Lewinski

How do you make a Screen Saver the Active One via Code?

Post by RAJIV/DANES » Wed, 22 Apr 1998 04:00:00

hi,
Include this api call:
Declare Function SystemParametersInfo Lib "user32" Alias
"SystemParametersInfoA" (ByVal uAction As Long, ByVal uParam As Long,
ByVal lpvParam As Any, ByVal fuWinIni As Long) As Long

 in your module
and set uAction = SPI_SETSCREENSAVEACTIVE  and lpvparam =
screensavername .
i think this will solve ur problem.

How do you make a Screen Saver the Active One via Code?

Post by Dave Lewins » Wed, 22 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Thank you very much !!!
Dave

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998 14:04:40 +0530, RAJIV/DANESH

>hi,
>Include this api call:
>Declare Function SystemParametersInfo Lib "user32" Alias
>"SystemParametersInfoA" (ByVal uAction As Long, ByVal uParam As Long,
>ByVal lpvParam As Any, ByVal fuWinIni As Long) As Long

> in your module
>and set uAction = SPI_SETSCREENSAVEACTIVE  and lpvparam =
>screensavername .
>i think this will solve ur problem.

1. Professional Screen Saver Toolkit - Active Media Eclipse

Active Media Eclipse is the professional way to create and distribute
Windows 3.x, 9.x and NT screen savers.  Download the free evaluation
( 8.4mb ) from this link:
ftp.active-media-online.com/Download/Eclipse30.exe

For further information have a look at the Active Media Technology website:
www.active-media-online.com

2. adobe pdf images

3. Screen Saver via 1-900

4. QTVR to anything

5. New Night Bird Screen Saver, via ftp

6. Importing Index Entries from Word doc-how?

7. New Release: mplan - Layout design and Walkthrough package

8. Doing Screen Saver my self ?

9. Screen Saver Creation - How's is done?

10. Making Screen Savers

11. Making screen savers in Windows?