Thanks "Rocky" - .gif stops VB dead. VB slide show

Thanks "Rocky" - .gif stops VB dead. VB slide show

Post by Linux L drive » Mon, 23 Apr 2001 06:45:35

Yes, I tried that but it doesn't fire. I even tried a Callback using
SetTimer/KillTimer & AddressOf also to no avail. This is frustrating. Can yu
think of anything else - perchance.
TIA
--

Ian Turnbull
0961 931941

Web  : www.turnbui.freeserve.co.uk

Thanks "Rocky" - .gif stops VB dead. VB slide show

Post by Rob » Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:43:32

Ian:

Take a known good file such as a jpg file, make a copy, and then change the
extension to bmp.  Run this file through your app.  If your error trapping is
working, you should get an "Invalid picture" error returned.  If this is OK,
then the only condition I know of that could cause the app to stop responding is
the case where the image you are trying to load exceeds the limit of the Picture
Box control.  Under this condition, 'Load' just fails - no error return.

Rob

> Yes, I tried that but it doesn't fire. I even tried a Callback using
> SetTimer/KillTimer & AddressOf also to no avail. This is frustrating. Can yu
> think of anything else - perchance.
> TIA
> --

> Ian Turnbull
> 0961 931941

> Web  : www.turnbui.freeserve.co.uk

1. Thanks "Rob" - More info - .gif stops VB dead. VB slide show

Well it turns out that it never comes back from the  LoadPictue(...) even
with "Break on all...".
The  .gif in question seems incomplete in IE5 and when I attempt to open it
using MS Paint I get a blank square. With MS Phtot Editor I just get a
msgbox "Error reading file".
MS Draw reports "It may be damaged".
Obviously these .gif came from the internet so I need to "?Force?" VB's
LoadPicture to at least return so I can ignore this file and carry on. Can
anyone help me with this please???
TIA
--

Ian Turnbull
0961 931941

Web  : www.turnbui.freeserve.co.uk

2. drawings

3. More info - .gif stops VB dead. VB slide show - incorrect info given in earlier mail

4. Oxygene from miro MEDIA GmbH

5. .gif stops VB dead. VB slide show - incorrect info given in earlier mail

6. Question about making textures (*.tex files)

7. VB just stops dead - displaying .gif's ??

8. Need JPEG/GIF "Slide Show" Program

9. VB API "stretchBlt"

10. ANN: Alan Cooper, "Father of VB", on TechNetCast

11. Video formats that support "Slide Shows"?

12. Repost : VB slide show