Any VB coder who needs VB 6.0

Post by Rocky Clar » Sun, 20 May 2001 01:46:42

This is for US and Canada residents only.

If you are serious about programming in VB, but you have an older version
(3.0/4.0/5.0) and would like to own 6.0, please contact me through my
regular email. I have a free copy of 6.0 Professional (learning edition).
You pay shipping and it's yours.

Please don't waste this copy if you are not serious about programming. Let
someone have it who is serious.

Rocky Clark (Kath-Rock Software)

Any VB coder who needs VB 6.0

Post by Chris Petche » Sun, 20 May 2001 04:57:11

Rocky -
Why US and Canada residents only?

Is there a catch in this offer, like timeshare scams, or (b) are you just
basically racist/xenophobic or (c) are you following the microsoft line of
making products only available to north americans in some hope that it will
keep you ahead of the rest of the world in product development, whilst
forgetting that a good deal of your revenue comes from the rest of the world
(microsoft that is, not you)?

Quote:> This is for US and Canada residents only.

> If you are serious about programming in VB, but you have an older version
> (3.0/4.0/5.0) and would like to own 6.0, please contact me through my
> regular email. I have a free copy of 6.0 Professional (learning edition).
> You pay shipping and it's yours.

> Please don't waste this copy if you are not serious about programming. Let
> someone have it who is serious.

> Rocky Clark (Kath-Rock Software)

Any VB coder who needs VB 6.0

Post by Rocky Clar » Sun, 20 May 2001 05:47:01

LOL...The box says "For distribution in USA/Canada only". I guess there are
different VB products for different parts of the world. I wouldn't want
someone from Europe installing this and crashing their system.

I bought this a couple of years ago just to try it out before moving from VB
5.0 to VB 6.0. I now have the Universal MSDN subscription, so I no longer
need the software.

Rocky

> Rocky -
> Why US and Canada residents only?

> Is there a catch in this offer, like timeshare scams, or (b) are you just
> basically racist/xenophobic or (c) are you following the microsoft line of
> making products only available to north americans in some hope that it
will
> keep you ahead of the rest of the world in product development, whilst
> forgetting that a good deal of your revenue comes from the rest of the
world
> (microsoft that is, not you)?

> > This is for US and Canada residents only.

> > If you are serious about programming in VB, but you have an older
version
> > (3.0/4.0/5.0) and would like to own 6.0, please contact me through my
> > regular email. I have a free copy of 6.0 Professional (learning
edition).
> > You pay shipping and it's yours.

> > Please don't waste this copy if you are not serious about programming.
Let
> > someone have it who is serious.

> > Rocky Clark (Kath-Rock Software)

Any VB coder who needs VB 6.0

Post by Tom Shelto » Sun, 20 May 2001 06:21:34

Rocky,

Quote:> > > regular email. I have a free copy of 6.0 Professional (learning
> edition).

Is it pro or learning.  I mean is it the full version of VB 6.0 pro?  If it
is I want it!

Tom Shelton

Any VB coder who needs VB 6.0

Post by Randy Birc » Sun, 20 May 2001 08:38:01

I suspect Rocky meant "academic" version.

--

Randy Birch
MVP Visual Basic

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/

: Rocky,
:
: > > > regular email. I have a free copy of 6.0 Professional (learning
: > edition).
:
: Is it pro or learning.  I mean is it the full version of VB 6.0 pro?  If
it
: is I want it!
:
: Tom Shelton
:
:
:

Any VB coder who needs VB 6.0

Post by Tom Shelto » Sun, 20 May 2001 08:37:30

Bummer.  I still might know a someone else who wants it.  I have one or two
friends who are still in school.  I'll see if they want it.

Tom Shelton

> I suspect Rocky meant "academic" version.

> --

> Randy Birch
> MVP Visual Basic

> http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/

> Please respond only to the newsgroups so all can benefit.

> : Rocky,
> :
> : > > > regular email. I have a free copy of 6.0 Professional (learning
> : > edition).
> :
> : Is it pro or learning.  I mean is it the full version of VB 6.0 pro?  If
> it
> : is I want it!
> :
> : Tom Shelton
> :
> :
> :

Any VB coder who needs VB 6.0

Post by Andrew Shafe » Sun, 20 May 2001 10:12:40

I had the learning edition once, you can't compile your code is all.  Plus a
lot of the file creation types are missing (ActiveX DLL?).

--
-----
Do you want to see the Matrix?

Quote:> Rocky,

> > edition).

> Is it pro or learning.  I mean is it the full version of VB 6.0 pro?  If
it
> is I want it!

> Tom Shelton

Any VB coder who needs VB 6.0

Post by Afraz Usma » Sun, 20 May 2001 12:30:54

u can't send to canada. The customs may seize it. U may have to set up FTP so
someone mays downloading from u.

> This is for US and Canada residents only.

> If you are serious about programming in VB, but you have an older version
> (3.0/4.0/5.0) and would like to own 6.0, please contact me through my
> regular email. I have a free copy of 6.0 Professional (learning edition).
> You pay shipping and it's yours.

> Please don't waste this copy if you are not serious about programming. Let
> someone have it who is serious.

> Rocky Clark (Kath-Rock Software)

Any VB coder who needs VB 6.0

Post by Afraz Usma » Sun, 20 May 2001 12:33:49

is is only for for north american because of english languages........like
colour(England) and color(US).....or honour(england) ..honor(US)

> Rocky -
> Why US and Canada residents only?

> Is there a catch in this offer, like timeshare scams, or (b) are you just
> basically racist/xenophobic or (c) are you following the microsoft line of
> making products only available to north americans in some hope that it will
> keep you ahead of the rest of the world in product development, whilst
> forgetting that a good deal of your revenue comes from the rest of the world
> (microsoft that is, not you)?

> > This is for US and Canada residents only.

> > If you are serious about programming in VB, but you have an older version
> > (3.0/4.0/5.0) and would like to own 6.0, please contact me through my
> > regular email. I have a free copy of 6.0 Professional (learning edition).
> > You pay shipping and it's yours.

> > Please don't waste this copy if you are not serious about programming. Let
> > someone have it who is serious.

> > Rocky Clark (Kath-Rock Software)

Any VB coder who needs VB 6.0

Post by Chris Petche » Sun, 20 May 2001 16:41:02

<quote>I guess there are different VB products for different parts of the
world. <unquote>

I do wonder about that. Ok, so people in France might want a version in
french, but (for instance) I am in the UK english is the official language.
My copy of Word insists on US-English spellings  in its spell checker which
is annoying, but it still works. Does this mean that I cant/shouldnt call in
at a microsoft retailer next time I am in the USA on vacation (holiday) or
business and buy copies of my favourite software.

I do notice a considerable price difference between prices for the same
publications in the USA and UK but that is true of most products (This is
known in the UK as Ripoff Britain)

What really gets me is the number of items that just are not available
outside of the USA. A number of MS developer tools are available on CD (but
only for the USA and Canada) or dowload for the rest of the world (try
downloading the platform sdk on a 14400 US robotics <g>)

> LOL...The box says "For distribution in USA/Canada only". I guess there
are
> different VB products for different parts of the world. I wouldn't want
> someone from Europe installing this and crashing their system.

> I bought this a couple of years ago just to try it out before moving from
VB
> 5.0 to VB 6.0. I now have the Universal MSDN subscription, so I no longer
> need the software.

> Rocky

> > Rocky -
> > Why US and Canada residents only?

> > Is there a catch in this offer, like timeshare scams, or (b) are you
just
> > basically racist/xenophobic or (c) are you following the microsoft line
of
> > making products only available to north americans in some hope that it
> will
> > keep you ahead of the rest of the world in product development, whilst
> > forgetting that a good deal of your revenue comes from the rest of the
> world
> > (microsoft that is, not you)?

> > > This is for US and Canada residents only.

> > > If you are serious about programming in VB, but you have an older
> version
> > > (3.0/4.0/5.0) and would like to own 6.0, please contact me through my
> > > regular email. I have a free copy of 6.0 Professional (learning
> edition).
> > > You pay shipping and it's yours.

> > > Please don't waste this copy if you are not serious about programming.
> Let
> > > someone have it who is serious.

> > > Rocky Clark (Kath-Rock Software)

Any VB coder who needs VB 6.0

Post by Rocky Clar » Mon, 21 May 2001 05:19:11

Sorry, my first post was in error. This is Visual Studio 6.0 Professional
Academic Edition.

Academic Edition means that you cannot create programs for sale. This
software comes at a discount price for students.

Other than the above restriction, this is the full-blown Visual Studio Pro.
There are no restrictions to the software, itself, such as I saw mentioned
by another poster "you can't compile your code is all.  Plus a lot of the
file creation types are missing (ActiveX DLL?)".

That is NOT true. It has the whole nine yards.

Rocky

Quote:> Rocky,

> > edition).

> Is it pro or learning.  I mean is it the full version of VB 6.0 pro?  If
it
> is I want it!

> Tom Shelton

Any VB coder who needs VB 6.0

Post by Andrew Shafe » Mon, 21 May 2001 05:20:53

Is anyone sure that it doesn't have anything to do with copyright laws.  I
know many countries are lax with their enforcement, this may limit
Microsoft's desire to sell outside the US.  Also, many times an encryption
problem results when exporting US encryption mechanisms.
-----
Do you want to see the Matrix?
Andrew Shafer
http://pages.prodigy.net/shafert
---------------------------------

> <quote>I guess there are different VB products for different parts of the
> world. <unquote>

> I do wonder about that. Ok, so people in France might want a version in
> french, but (for instance) I am in the UK english is the official
language.
> My copy of Word insists on US-English spellings  in its spell checker
which
> is annoying, but it still works. Does this mean that I cant/shouldnt call
in
> at a microsoft retailer next time I am in the USA on vacation (holiday) or
> business and buy copies of my favourite software.

> I do notice a considerable price difference between prices for the same
> publications in the USA and UK but that is true of most products (This is
> known in the UK as Ripoff Britain)

> What really gets me is the number of items that just are not available
> outside of the USA. A number of MS developer tools are available on CD
(but
> only for the USA and Canada) or dowload for the rest of the world (try
> downloading the platform sdk on a 14400 US robotics <g>)

> > LOL...The box says "For distribution in USA/Canada only". I guess there
> are
> > different VB products for different parts of the world. I wouldn't want
> > someone from Europe installing this and crashing their system.

> > I bought this a couple of years ago just to try it out before moving
from
> VB
> > 5.0 to VB 6.0. I now have the Universal MSDN subscription, so I no
longer
> > need the software.

> > Rocky

> > > Rocky -
> > > Why US and Canada residents only?

> > > Is there a catch in this offer, like timeshare scams, or (b) are you
> just
> > > basically racist/xenophobic or (c) are you following the microsoft
line
> of
> > > making products only available to north americans in some hope that it
> > will
> > > keep you ahead of the rest of the world in product development, whilst
> > > forgetting that a good deal of your revenue comes from the rest of the
> > world
> > > (microsoft that is, not you)?

> > version
> > edition).

> > Let

Any VB coder who needs VB 6.0

Post by Andrew Shafe » Mon, 21 May 2001 05:27:35

No, what I was talking about is called the Learning Edition.  It comes with
the Microsoft Press book, "Visual Basic 6.0 Professional Edition Step by
Step."  The Learning Edition does NOT allow you to compile programs.  I did
not know there was an Academic Edition.

--
-----
Do you want to see the Matrix?
Andrew Shafer
http://pages.prodigy.net/shafert
---------------------------------

> Sorry, my first post was in error. This is Visual Studio 6.0 Professional
> Academic Edition.

> Academic Edition means that you cannot create programs for sale. This
> software comes at a discount price for students.

> Other than the above restriction, this is the full-blown Visual Studio
Pro.
> There are no restrictions to the software, itself, such as I saw mentioned
> by another poster "you can't compile your code is all.  Plus a lot of the
> file creation types are missing (ActiveX DLL?)".

> That is NOT true. It has the whole nine yards.

> Rocky

> > Rocky,

> > > edition).

> > Is it pro or learning.  I mean is it the full version of VB 6.0 pro?  If
> it
> > is I want it!

> > Tom Shelton

Any VB coder who needs VB 6.0

Post by Rocky Clar » Mon, 21 May 2001 05:41:47

I know. It was my bad. I said learning edition in my original post. That's
why I was trying to clear it up.

Rocky

> No, what I was talking about is called the Learning Edition.  It comes
with
> the Microsoft Press book, "Visual Basic 6.0 Professional Edition Step by
> Step."  The Learning Edition does NOT allow you to compile programs.  I
did
> not know there was an Academic Edition.

> --
> -----
> Do you want to see the Matrix?
> Andrew Shafer
> http://pages.prodigy.net/shafert
> ---------------------------------

> > Sorry, my first post was in error. This is Visual Studio 6.0
Professional
> > Academic Edition.

> > Academic Edition means that you cannot create programs for sale. This
> > software comes at a discount price for students.

> > Other than the above restriction, this is the full-blown Visual Studio
> Pro.
> > There are no restrictions to the software, itself, such as I saw
mentioned
> > by another poster "you can't compile your code is all.  Plus a lot of
the
> > file creation types are missing (ActiveX DLL?)".

> > That is NOT true. It has the whole nine yards.

> > Rocky

> > > Rocky,

> > > Is it pro or learning.  I mean is it the full version of VB 6.0 pro?
If
> > it
> > > is I want it!

> > > Tom Shelton

Any VB coder who needs VB 6.0

Post by Chris Petche » Mon, 21 May 2001 17:02:20

They seem to be keen(ish) to sell most things to the rest of the world, so I
dont see how it can be a copyright issue. Ok, yes some countries of the
world are famous (infamous) for their trade in counterfeit goods, but not
the UK (unless someone is going to tell me different)

An intelligent person (not that I am admitting to anything, just incase of
legal implications) would get a person in the USA or Canada to get the CD
and ship it to them.
Especially the MS discs that are free and USA/Canada citizens just pay the
handling fee. There would be no customs duty on a zero commercial value
product.
Add to this the fact the products that I am talking about are free to
download (just  huge) to the rest of the world. What does microsoft have
against shipping cds worldwide? When I ask, they just say the CDs are "not
available in your country. Please download off the microsoft web site"
Yet they can get Visual Studio Enterprise edition to me anywhere in the
world!?

> Is anyone sure that it doesn't have anything to do with copyright laws.  I
> know many countries are lax with their enforcement, this may limit
> Microsoft's desire to sell outside the US.  Also, many times an encryption
> problem results when exporting US encryption mechanisms.
> -----
> Do you want to see the Matrix?
> Andrew Shafer
> http://pages.prodigy.net/shafert
> ---------------------------------

> > <quote>I guess there are different VB products for different parts of
the
> > world. <unquote>

> > I do wonder about that. Ok, so people in France might want a version in
> > french, but (for instance) I am in the UK english is the official
> language.
> > My copy of Word insists on US-English spellings  in its spell checker
> which
> > is annoying, but it still works. Does this mean that I cant/shouldnt
call
> in
> > at a microsoft retailer next time I am in the USA on vacation (holiday)
or
> > business and buy copies of my favourite software.

> > I do notice a considerable price difference between prices for the same
> > publications in the USA and UK but that is true of most products (This
is
> > known in the UK as Ripoff Britain)

> > What really gets me is the number of items that just are not available
> > outside of the USA. A number of MS developer tools are available on CD
> (but
> > only for the USA and Canada) or dowload for the rest of the world (try
> > downloading the platform sdk on a 14400 US robotics <g>)

> > > LOL...The box says "For distribution in USA/Canada only". I guess
there
> > are
> > > different VB products for different parts of the world. I wouldn't
want
> > > someone from Europe installing this and crashing their system.

> > > I bought this a couple of years ago just to try it out before moving
> from
> > VB
> > > 5.0 to VB 6.0. I now have the Universal MSDN subscription, so I no
> longer
> > > need the software.

> > > Rocky

> > just
> line
> > of
> > > will
> > > world

> > > version
> my
> > > edition).

> programming.
> > > Let

1. TFACTOR slower than lock VB fill VB.color unlock VB

I had worked on colorizing at running time vertex for
color, keycolor and alpha effects.
What i'm doing is a sprite like rendering with square.
dynamicaly modifying my color verts is faster for me than
using tfactor (what i was not expected).
As the number of vert to modify for each object is 4
(square), setting tfactor for each object is necessary.
as each object may have its own alpha/color blending .it's
not possible to do it an other way.
so, doing tfactor is about 20-30% slower for me than lock-
unlock vb.
I expect that using tfactor is interesting if you have a
huge number of verts to colorize at one time.
the other point is that i'm in swvp rendering (voodoo3)
and maybe in hwvp it's different
anyone can comment?
thank
pb

2. 3D Synthesis

3. VB - Live Video on VB form

4. GeForce 256 have Open GL?

5. maxman - prman

6. VB 3 to VB 4 (MMSYSTEM.DLL)

7. VB 6.0 serial no wanted

8. How to get VB 6.0 Enterprise to recognise *bmp/*.jpg as icon

9. Lightwave Artists and VB/C++ Programmers Needed in sunny Las Vegas

10. Simple 3D engine for VB needed.

11. implamenting 3d in vb *needs much help*