Embedding a form in another form

Post by Steve Syke » Mon, 04 Jun 2001 17:15:38

I have searched the internet for hours on how this is done.
FramePlus does this with forms or any other controls that have the hWnd
property. Basically you can divide up a form in to many parts all sizeable.

Does anyone have an idea of how to accomplish this?
I have purchased FramePlus's dll to do it but the API has a lot to be to be
desired and is very confusing to work with.

Embedding a form in another form

Post by Mike D Sutto » Mon, 04 Jun 2001 23:38:05

Quote:> I have searched the internet for hours on how this is done.
> FramePlus does this with forms or any other controls that have the hWnd
> property. Basically you can divide up a form in to many parts all
sizeable.

> Does anyone have an idea of how to accomplish this?
> I have purchased FramePlus's dll to do it but the API has a lot to be to
be
> desired and is very confusing to work with.

Simply use the SetParent() API call.
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

WWW: Http://Members.xoom.com/EDais/

1. Embed one form within another

Hi,

Being an old hand at Access I have got used to designing one form and then
embedding that into another form as a subform.

I realise we can do this with UserControls, but sometimes I needed the forms
operate both as a standalone and as a control.

I tried a couple of WinApi functions,

namely: SetParent and SetWindowWord(....., SWW_HPARENT,..) and the effect is
reasonable. The only quibble is the title bar of the parent loses focus
(gets deactivated when the embedded form gets focus). Is there a workaround
here?

Chui

2. how to do about 3-tier blob(sqlserver 7) ?

3. questions on GL,Inventor,OpenGl and forms and Forms Bug

4. .3dS files in Quake2 Modeller problem

5. Closed-Form Form-Factor

6. Creating Architectural models for Lightwave? Please advise

7. Forms in Form

8. Decent video card for price?

9. How do I get the size of form borders and title bar on a form

10. Forms inside forms

11. Copy a contro from one form to another Form

12. Special form-to-form transitions...possible?

13. MDI Form, ZOrder of Componets vrs MDIchild forms