Problems for setting printer margins

Post by Poutri » Sun, 11 Nov 2001 11:11:32

Hello
I have developped a VB application that sends a datareport to the printer.
My problem is that I want my report to be printed 6 millimeters from the top
physical border. But the printer capabilities sets the top margin not to be
less than 17 millimeters.
I tried VB functions like topmargin in datareport object, or currentY method
on Printer object, but nothing changes.
I saw examples with "escape" API, but I don't know the exact sequence for
setting the top margin.
Did anybody manage to overcome this physical limit ? Do you have any clue ?
Thanks in advance for your help.

JM

Problems for setting printer margins

Post by Mark E Also » Sun, 11 Nov 2001 16:39:48

If I understand correctly you are trying to print outside the printer's capabilities, outside its
hardware limits.

6 millimeters is close to 1/4 inch which is about the hardware limit for most laser printers. 17
millimeters seems like a very large border for physical limits on a modern printer.

However, I don't believe there is any way you can get a printer to print outside its hardware limits
(the printer capabilities) without rebuilding the printer.

--
Mark E Alsop