Treeview

Post by Lars Bendixb » Tue, 30 Oct 2001 21:12:19

Hi!

Im using a treeview with three levels: root-child-child that mirrors a
database. I want to get the name(text) of each node when the tree is
expanded. With the following code: "Treeview.SelectedItem.FullPath" I get
the full path. Is it possible to get this divided pr node?

Lars

Treeview

Post by Gareth Jenkin » Wed, 31 Oct 2001 01:24:21

Lars,

Not entirely sure what you are trying to acheive...

If you want just the text of the the selected node you can use the text
property of SelectedItem.

If you want to split up the text of each node returned by FullPath you could
use the Split function with the standard delimeter ("/") and then work with
the array created by the Split function. If you need to change the delimeter
then you can do so with the TreeView controls PathSeparator property.

What exactly is it you are trying to acheive ?

--
Gareth Jenkins
Jack Jack Two LTD

www.jackjack2.co.uk

| Hi!
|
| Im using a treeview with three levels: root-child-child that mirrors a
| database. I want to get the name(text) of each node when the tree is
| expanded. With the following code: "Treeview.SelectedItem.FullPath" I get
| the full path. Is it possible to get this divided pr node?
|
| Lars

1. Advanced TreeView algorithm needed ..

Hi all,
  Looking for an algorithm to intelligently display a modified
TreeView that allows nodes to have 0 or more child nodes AND 1 or more
parent nodes (except root node(s) which dont have a parent).

  I am developing an application that has such a model and need an
algorithm to display such a model to the user.  It becomes complicated
when a node has two parents which are of different depths in the tree

Simple example ..

+---A---B---C
|       |
|       +---D-+-E
|             |
+---F---------+

Here B has two children C & D, and E has two parents D & F.

Any thoughts, pointers, links etc welcome ..

Thanks

Steve Fillingham

2. 3D/Eye: Multiple job openings in UI, Graphics, Modeling and QA groups.

3. Algorthim for graphical displaying a TreeView

4. POV-Ray 3.01 - kudos

5. heirarchical objects using Treeview?

6. Trying to use gnuplot to produce simple gif files

7. TreeView DragDrop images the righ way..

8. Treeview-StartLabelEdit

9. HOW TO: ListView & TreeView Bitmaps WITHOUT ImageList

10. Treeview & icontrouble

11. Colortrouble in treeview

12. HOW DO I: Make an image flash in a treeview