Unicode

Post by Irfan Ahme » Tue, 29 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I hope I am addressing the right newsgroup. Could someone help me with
displaying unicode characters in textbox or any other control while
running VB 6 on Windows 98? Thanks in advance.

Irfan Ahmed.

Unicode

Post by Jonathan Dyk » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

You can do this without digging into the Windows API. Look into the VB
StrConv function. Depending on the application, you'll probably want to dump
the unicode text into a byte array and then use StrConv with the
vbFromUnicode to get an ANSI string for the textbox. You can then take the
ANSI string from the textbox and dump it back into a byte array with StrConv
using vbUnicode for storage.

Jonathan

Quote:> I hope I am addressing the right newsgroup. Could someone help me with
> displaying unicode characters in textbox or any other control while
> running VB 6 on Windows 98? Thanks in advance.

> Irfan Ahmed.

1. Char sets (unicode)

The world gets more international every day.
So I was very glad to know that Unicode PovRay exists and that I can
now use Pali strings in a scene description.
(and put in remarks and comment in Pali script in the scene text file)
{:-)
This PovRay version eats  the UTF-8 coding.
The built-in shell/editor for Windows Povray is not usable it seems
to me so I hand-feed Unicode Pov the scene file.
But typing the scene file: is there a simple editor that allows me
that? It seems I have to buy something expensive called MS Word
otherwise.

Does anybody knows if the new coming PovRay version can eat Unicode
coded text or use the halfway solution UTF-8?

Met vriendelijke groet,
Ronald van der Kamp

2. ANNOUNCEMENT - Last day for Enzyme Shaders special pricing

3. Help, Unicode strings conversion !

4. MAG 17dx

5. Unicode fonts solution

6. 7th RFD: comp.games.development.* hierarchy

7. Unicode Fonts solution

8. Ray-tracing

9. Does PS 5 supports Unicode fonts?

10. Unicode/double-byte character fonts