KeyPress events for MDI form

Post by Steven Doggar » Wed, 12 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Is there a way to capture the KeyPress, KeyDown and KeyUp on and MDI
form?
Or would this require subclassing it?

1. keypress event problem

I've run into an interesting problem - I have a widget of type
GLwMDrawingArea which is a child of a motif form widget.

I've registered a GLwNinputCallback for it, since I'm interested in
responding to user keypresses.  Everything works fine as long
as the OpenGL widget is the only child of the form.  If the form
has other children, keypresses do not trigger the callback.  Mouse
button clicks still work, however.  Adding an event handler for
keypresses

I tried substituting a RowColumn for the Form widget and observed
the same problem.  If anyone has any insight on this, please
let me know!  I'm running Motif on an SGI Indigo 2, X11R5.

thanks -

Tony

--
    -     ------       -                              Tony Mactutis
   | |   | ----  \    | |                             ms 301-270
   | |   | |   \ |    | |                             4800 Oak Grove Drive
   | |   | | --  |    | |                             Pasadena, CA 91109

\____|et |_|ropulsion |_____\aboratory                (818) 354-5959

2. animation from x, y, z data

3. PS vs. PSP competition

4. querying a keypress event

5. graphics on SE/30?

6. Keypress Event Handler

7. MDI Form, ZOrder of Componets vrs MDIchild forms

8. OpenGL in VC++ MDI appl. with Mouse Event

9. Mdi forms and control box

10. Mdi Form in full screen

11. How to refresh/repaint a MDI form in VB