Invisible MDI Child Forms

Post by russellfernan.. » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

The MSDN states that all Child forms have the
Visible property set to True by default on the
Load event. Is it possible to make an MDI Child
form open up with its Visible property set to
False? Can a WinAPI call acomplish this?

The reason I want this to happen is that when an
MDI Child form opens up, a resizing occurs and
this causes a flicker. If the resizing occurs
when the child form is invisible (and then
subsequently made visible), the flicker is
reduced. Is there another way of reducing the
flicker other than the Visible property?

Many thanks,

Russ

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Invisible MDI Child Forms

Post by Jeová Almeid » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Russ

I had this same problem when I started using MDI app.

You just need to resize your forms on Form_Load event.
That works fine.

Sub Form_Load()
    Me.Height = ...
    Me.Width = ...
End Sub

Regards,

Jeov

Quote:> The MSDN states that all Child forms have the