Shading Complete - 9K file attached - Object Rexx DrawPlot.pdf (0/1)

Shading Complete - 9K file attached - Object Rexx DrawPlot.pdf (0/1)

Post by Lee Peedi » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 22:58:12

Thanks to Mike, Larry, & alpine suggestions and help, I now have the
VB Pologon function wrapped up in an ActiveX DLL.  I conluded the code
in a DLL I had already created that wrapped up the VB Printer Object
for use in scripting.

To demonstrate "proof of concept" (mostly to myself), I used the math
function of Object Rexx to compute the starting X/Y and ending X/Y of
all legs of a land plot.  I then used the VB Printer.Drawline BIF to
"plot" the lines on the page.  Before sending EndDoc, I used the same
coordinates and sent them to the Polygon function.  I realize that a
Polygon can draw borders, but I wanted to see how close my
calculations were in converting the line coordinates that were in
inches to the pixels needed by Polygon.  It is an "exact" overlay :-).

I don't know how readers of this group feel about "attached" files,
but this is a small .pdf of the output.

This file was "printed" using the Object Rexx scripting language in
conjunction with "my" RxVB.PrinterObject.dll (ActiveX DLL).

Thanks again for all the help - any comments welcome.Lee Peedin
VP RexxLA www.rexxla.org
Start planning now for the 25th Anniversary of Rexx Symposium,
Spring 2004 in Boeblingen, Germany.

Shading Complete - 9K file attached - Object Rexx DrawPlot.pdf (0/1)

Post by Lee Peedi » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 23:00:58

Oops - attachment did not make it.  If you'd like to see the output,
email me and I'll gladly reply.

Lee Peedin
VP RexxLA www.rexxla.org
Start planning now for the 25th Anniversary of Rexx Symposium,
Spring 2004 in Boeblingen, Germany.

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:58:12 -0400, Lee Peedin

>Thanks to Mike, Larry, & alpine suggestions and help, I now have the
>VB Pologon function wrapped up in an ActiveX DLL.  I conluded the code
>in a DLL I had already created that wrapped up the VB Printer Object
>for use in scripting.

>To demonstrate "proof of concept" (mostly to myself), I used the math
>function of Object Rexx to compute the starting X/Y and ending X/Y of
>all legs of a land plot.  I then used the VB Printer.Drawline BIF to
>"plot" the lines on the page.  Before sending EndDoc, I used the same
>coordinates and sent them to the Polygon function.  I realize that a
>Polygon can draw borders, but I wanted to see how close my
>calculations were in converting the line coordinates that were in
>inches to the pixels needed by Polygon.  It is an "exact" overlay :-).

>I don't know how readers of this group feel about "attached" files,
>but this is a small .pdf of the output.

>This file was "printed" using the Object Rexx scripting language in
>conjunction with "my" RxVB.PrinterObject.dll (ActiveX DLL).

>Thanks again for all the help - any comments welcome.Lee Peedin
>VP RexxLA www.rexxla.org
>Start planning now for the 25th Anniversary of Rexx Symposium,
>Spring 2004 in Boeblingen, Germany.

1. HELP: Attaching an Object to a EP Curve (on an another objects surface)

Hi !

I am currently working through the Jack-in-the-Box tutorial in Learning Maya
2.0.

I have got stuck on page 185 where you have to select a box, make it Live,
draw a EP Curve on it's outer surface and then attach another object (a
crank) to that path.  The whole purpose is that when you deform the box with
a Lattice the crank stays connected to the flexing surface of the box.

The problem I'm getting is the  crank aligns it's self with the center of
the box not the edge.  It does then follow the moment of the flexing box but
from the middle not the edge.

I've tried moving the boxes center pivot to the edge but that doesn't seem
to work.

Can anyone help.

Many thanks from a new Maya user !

Matt D. Leonard

Digital Dreams & Visions Ltd
Animation & Digital Effects

Website at http://www.ddv.co.uk

Tel. :  +44 (0)1772 717-515
Fax. :  +44 (0)1772 717-516
ISDN : +44 (0)1772 717-521

2. How can I select a part of jpeg image in my application

3. Shade view: show an object as flat shaded

4. FS: Hummingboard accelerator

5. REQ: Complete Manual Lightwave in PDF format...

6. I want to rent use of 3-D Digitizer in Miami/Ft Lauderdale area

7. Adobe PDF - How splitting PDF-files?

8. Hatch Pattern (.pat files)

9. Can't attach material to object.

10. conversion from dxf object file to wavefront object file

11. Attaching lights to objects

12. Newbie question: Attaching objects

13. SimCloth question - attach vertex to object?