VB6 error: File->open works; double-click from Windows Explorer gives error! Please help.

VB6 error: File->open works; double-click from Windows Explorer gives error! Please help.

Post by Kent P. Ile » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 00:31:13

Hi,

I have an app that uses a 3rd party control called Imaging Professional for
Windows.  It was an EastmanSoftware product, but I have not been able to
find any support or knowledge base on this product.

The issue I'm having is the app works great if you launch it, and then do a
file->open.  However, if you try to open a file via Windows Explorer (double
clicking), it gives a series of errors.  Obviously, this application has
been associated with the file type that I'm trying to open.

The error message is:
"An error was raised by your last action in the mnuScalteToGray_Click event.

The error number is: 1001

The error Description is: Image not displayed

Unable to refresh the image window display"

The rest of the error messages are probably due to this one, so I won't list
them.

My thought is the form isn't loaded when the image is trying to be
displayed, so I put a form.show and form.refresh before trying to load the
image that is passed as a parameter.  It's calling the same method that
file->open calls, so I don't understand why this isn't working.

Anyone have any suggestions?  When I debug and simulate a parameter being
passed, it works fine, so that doesn't help me resolve this much.

Thanks.

--Kent

Please CC: all replies via e-mail
Remove .NOSPAM from e-mail address

1. Paint Shop doesn′t open the files I double-click in Windows

Paint Shop Pro is set as default program for e.g. JPEG-files (In "File
Associations"), and if I double-click a JPG-image in my explorer, Paint Shop
Pro opens up. But instead of opening the picture(s) I clicked in explorer,
it just opens an explorer window INSIDE Paint Shop Pro. I am running verison
7 under Windows 2000 Pro. Please help.

Gorm

2. torn paper effect

3. PSP jpg problem: Won't come up when double-clicked on in Windows Explorer

4. Can OpenGL render to DirectDraw surface ?

5. Open JPG file from Windows Explorer not working

6. Convert *.mv to single frames

7. Problem opening files with double click on Mac

8. Is Tornado 3000 a good card?

9. double clicking files to have all open in same program window

10. Build booklet Error>> Error 7215

11. Work Around for Windows 95 OpenGL Floating Point Error