avi mpg on form help please.

Post by Big Jimmy Jim Bo » Tue, 13 May 2003 02:11:45

I have written a program that uses MM control to display avi's and
mpg's and other video formats onto a form.

This form is translucent, that is you can see the background through
my form.

When i run avi's everything works perfectlty, i can see through the
form, see through the avi video even to the background. It's
fantastic.

even my cmd buttons sit on top of the avi and i can use the buttons to
stop, mute and open a new avi etc.

But when i run mpg's or other video formats, 1st the buttons dissopear
behind the video. 2nd and worst of all, the video flickers, and when i
drag the form it destroys the background and leaves a copy of the
video behind.

For test purposes, i created a button that turns off the alpha
blending (the code that creates the translucentcy) and the mpg stops
flickering and I can drag the form around without destroying the
background.

How can I fix this? I want it to behave like it does with avi's.

I suspect it's a CPU thing, as avi's aren't compressed. But with the
mpg and alpha blending it's all to much for my CPU (Duron 1.1ghz)

Also I read that avi's come with transparency built into the codec,
this may explain why my cmd buttons etc stay visible, but with mpg's
the buttons become obscured by the video.

PLEASE HELP... Damn this program looks real good... I need to fix the
mpg thingy.

Thanx in advance.

avi mpg on form help please.

Post by Jim Bon » Thu, 15 May 2003 22:13:11

HELP Big Jim NOW!!! He needs it....

Quote:>I have written a program that uses MM control to display avi's and
>mpg's and other video formats onto a form.

>This form is translucent, that is you can see the background through
>my form.

>When i run avi's everything works perfectlty, i can see through the
>form, see through the avi video even to the background. It's
>fantastic.

>even my cmd buttons sit on top of the avi and i can use the buttons to
>stop, mute and open a new avi etc.

>But when i run mpg's or other video formats, 1st the buttons dissopear
>behind the video. 2nd and worst of all, the video flickers, and when i
>drag the form it destroys the background and leaves a copy of the
>video behind.

>For test purposes, i created a button that turns off the alpha
>blending (the code that creates the translucentcy) and the mpg stops
>flickering and I can drag the form around without destroying the
>background.

>How can I fix this? I want it to behave like it does with avi's.

>I suspect it's a CPU thing, as avi's aren't compressed. But with the
>mpg and alpha blending it's all to much for my CPU (Duron 1.1ghz)

>Also I read that avi's come with transparency built into the codec,
>this may explain why my cmd buttons etc stay visible, but with mpg's
>the buttons become obscured by the video.

>PLEASE HELP... Damn this program looks real good... I need to fix the
>mpg thingy.

>Thanx in advance.

1. Avi&Mpg editor!!!!!HELP!!(Please mail)

I'm searching tools to edit AVI and MPG files (shareware but Fully
function enabled!)
Who can help me????
Do you know where can i find them???????????
THank-you!!!!!!!
  _______  _                       _             _
 (_______)(_)                     (_)           | |
  _____    _   ____  _____  ____   _  ____    __| |
 |  ___)  | | / ___)| ___ ||    \ | ||  _ \  / _  |
 | |      | || |    | ____|| | | || || | | |( (_| |
 |_|      |_||_|    |_____)|_|_|_||_||_| |_| \____|

                ******************

                *Live and let die*
                ******************

2. ANOUNCE: FontFetch for QuarkXPress! Demo Available!

3. mpg to avi

4. portable gui [OFFTOPIC]

5. Amiga ANI conversion -> MPG/AVI

6. New Webmaster Resources site!

7. Converting TGA, JPG or GIF to MPG or AVI

8. Gradients?

9. .avi to .mpg converter?

10. MPG, AVI

11. .avi to fli (or .mpg)