Drawing Performance

Post by Mehme » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 18:26:24

I am a maths teacher and I want to make java-applet like
math applets in win32 platform. I studied GDI+ in VB.Net.
My problem is:

For example, I want to move a line by dragging with mouse
or I want to animate some sine or cosine curves. When I
animate or move,
I must clear the previous lines or shapes, and it
flickers. How can I overcome this problem and obtain
smooth better profesional
animations?

Can someone please help me?

Drawing Performance

Post by Mike D Sutto » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 20:29:37

Quote:> I am a maths teacher and I want to make java-applet like
> math applets in win32 platform. I studied GDI+ in VB.Net.
> My problem is:

> For example, I want to move a line by dragging with mouse
> or I want to animate some sine or cosine curves. When I
> animate or move,
> I must clear the previous lines or shapes, and it
> flickers. How can I overcome this problem and obtain
> smooth better profesional
> animations?

This is really a VB (Classic) group, for .NET questions have a look at the
groups on this page:
Http://www.mvps.org/EDais/DotNet/
From what I've heard about VB.NET though, there is some kind of double
buffering built in (Similar to AutoRedraw in VB6) which you can enable for a
PictureBox object.  Have a look through the help to see if you can find
anything there, if not try one of those other groups of a GDI+ group such as
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -

WWW: Http://www.mvps.org/EDais/

1. better drawing performance

I know that drawing happens faster when the screen is not updated while
the drawing is happening so I was wondering if there is a win32 call to
prevent a screen update until you ask for it?  I understand and use the
double buffering technique of drawing to an offscreen bitmap but I would
prefer to do it the other way if possible.

thanks,
tim.

2. SoRayPickAction

3. bad performance drawing points...

4. 3DS4: How can I do flame?

5. drawing polygons - performance question

6. ExaminerViewer Questions

7. Performance Penalty for Drawing Offscreen Vertices?

8. Will a faster video card help?

9. Performance Drawing Canvas.

10. High-Performance drawing

11. PICT, Claris Draw, Mac Draw to GIF Converter?

12. SUMMARY: Corel Draw or Harvard Draw?

13. Corel Draw or Harvard Draw?