Showing Animation GIF graphic in pure API

Showing Animation GIF graphic in pure API

Post by Tedd » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 15:09:34

    Does anyone know how to show animation GIF graphics in pure API calls? I
knew using Webbrowser Controls can do that in VB, but is it possible to do
so without it? Thanks!

Showing Animation GIF graphic in pure API

Post by Stephen Leban » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 12:40:59

While technically you can do this Teddy, it is also technically illegal.
Here's a pointer to the code. Make sure you read the included info
pertaining to the patent in question.
http://www.lebans.com/animatedgifplayer.htm
--

HTH
Stephen Lebans

Quote:>     Does anyone know how to show animation GIF graphics in pure API
calls? I
> knew using Webbrowser Controls can do that in VB, but is it possible
to do
> so without it? Thanks!

Showing Animation GIF graphic in pure API

Post by Stalke » Thu, 18 Apr 2002 19:02:45

Hello, Stephen!
I can't  find sources for Acces 97.
In animatedGif.zip only mde file
http://www.lebans.com/animatedgifplayer.htm
but I think it freware?
Could you share you code?
--

Showing Animation GIF graphic in pure API

Post by Stephen Leban » Fri, 19 Apr 2002 00:57:10

The very first entry on the page I pointed you to was for the VB source
code here:
http://www.lebans.com/DownloadFiles/AnimatedGifVer23.zip

This is a VB board. You made no mention of Access in your original post.
The Access version is in an MDE simply because I never got around to
cleaning up the code.

--

HTH
Stephen Lebans

> Hello, Stephen!
> I can't  find sources for Acces 97.
> In animatedGif.zip only mde file
> http://www.lebans.com/animatedgifplayer.htm
> but I think it freware?
> Could you share you code?
> --

1. Playing Animated GIF File with Pure GDI+

I wonder if anyone can give me some examples showing how to play animated
GIF file in VB using pure GDI+. This is very hard for me that I don't know
how to translate the C-style declarations to VB even though I have already
studied the documentations from MSDN. I have seen some examples like the
"Use GDI+ ( aka GDIPlus ) with VB6!"
http://www.planetsourcecode.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=375...
Id=1 but this is just a graphic coding example, not the one I concern.
Thanks for yours helping

2. Copyrighting piracy rationalizations

3. Showing bitmap on form with GDI API

4. OpenGL rendering to XPixmap

5. Direct Show API

6. Speed Doubler: Wise or Unwise?

7. Downloadable 3D graphics and Gif Animation software - many selections

8. Install OS/2 - all of the other nonconformists have...

9. Graphics software for Gif Animation, Special effects, Image Editing

10. comp.graphics.algorithms comp.graphics.animation comp.graphics.opengl comp.graphics.visualization comp.sys.sgi.graphics

11. c++ library (API) for generating gif-files ?

12. Another C++ 3d api to GIF?

13. Need API to create/write GIF/JPG from CGI